SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a camera, one that replaces one of the license plate lights on the back. My head unit supports a camera. So far so good.
However - the part I'm a little afraid of.. how to wire the camera from the back to the front. What is the best route? Does anybody know a good howto?

2007 XC90.

·
Premium Member
879 Posts
Yes all or some of the Volvo instructions. I found it very easy to simply stuff the cables into the edge of the headliner and down the A-post. I replaced the headliner at a later point and assuaged my fears that the cabling would be an issue for the air bag curtains. No problem, but I was able to tape down the cables with the headliner out. Unnecessary, but made me feel good. I came from the left license light, up the left cover, through the rbber accordian, across to th right side, along the edge of the headliner, and down the A- pillar. The cable was about 2' short, and would have made it if I'd come along the left side, but there was no shortage of RCA jumpers in my arsenal.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
It`s easier and less invasive to go down behind the radio stack. under the transmission tunnel take out the back seat and go under it. Volvo`s instructions are overblown as they are doing it like the car was on the factory floor

1 - 5 of 5 Posts