SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Jaguar XFR
3,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There was tons of rain here and I had to drive through a flooded parking lot.. I start hearing a nasty scraping sound.. Well I look underneath and one of the plastic panels (or whatever) was hanging and folded backwards.. I tried to fold I back but it would go back.. No choice but to take it to the closes shop, Firestone.. On the way of coarse I have to go through more water when I eventually stop hearing th scraping.. Plastic piece was ripped off and now I have this hanging.. What is it?

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Fuel-related line, falls off everyone's eventually. Zip-tied mine up about 4 years ago, hasn't dropped again.

The plastic cover that you mentioned is unnecessary, lost that too, replacement was about $57, all it does is make a pretty cover underneath.

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Part number for that cover that your missing is: 30716236
Just in case you need it ;)

·
Registered
Jaguar XFR
3,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oh ok I'm glad.. I had a feeling it was something with the fuel line. Car was surging a little.. Thanks.. I don't think I'll get a replacement.. I'll go look and see if I can find my old one lol.

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Yup mine came off as well took some times to them and haven't bothered since. I just doubled them up 1 tie around the lines and second one to the screw through the tie on the lines to keep them from chafing.

·
Registered
Jaguar XFR
3,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Had to pay 11 bucks but They zip tied the fuel line.. I was able to recover the plastic skid plate. Car is surging.. They can't tell because they don't know how it normally drives. Startup there's a little stutter.. Ideas?

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Throttle plate sticky? Fuel Pressure Sensor going bad? Did you get the Fuel Pump recall service for 04's? Fuel Filter recently replaced?

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Did they say they smelt or saw any gas while they were fixing it? Could of snagged it and pulled it or have some cuts in the line if it dragged.

·
Registered
Jaguar XFR
3,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Throttle plate sticky? Fuel Pressure Sensor going bad? Did you get the Fuel Pump recall service for 04's? Fuel Filter recently replaced?
It literally started happening after this incident. No fuel filter replacement... But i plan on doing it soon..

·
Registered
Jaguar XFR
3,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Did they say they smelt or saw any gas while they were fixing it? Could of snagged it and pulled it or have some cuts in the line if it dragged.
They said everything looked ok... Just that 5 of the clips holding the line came off. I did notice a weird odor coming from my vents... I opened up the airbox and saw some water in there.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts