SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi:<br>I've got a 2005 XC70 with an odd problem. The interior cabin fan starts and runs by itself hours after shutoff. It is not the turbo cooling fan in the engine, papers are blowing in the cabin. This has happened at least 6 times that we have seen. Typical situation, the car is parked in the garage overnight, and the next morning we go out to the car, and the interior fan is running on high. No we do not have teenagers. The dealer in Fife has had the car for a week, and given us a free loan car, but is unable to duplicate the problem. Any ideas?<br>

·
Registered
63,543 Posts
Re: Cabin fan running after shut off. (dhm)

This used to be programmed in. The fan cleans out the A/C system.<br>It should go on about 30 minutes after you stop the car and work for about 45 minutes.<br>I had thought this was discontinued in 04 and if yours is going for THAT long, see your dealer to reprogram

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. The Service Manager has been great, best service I've ever had (We have been following this service manager from Acura to Lexus to Volvo for 18 years). I will let him know.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts