SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Advice Needed=Taking car in for 22.5k service, want to have cabin filter replaced, dealer wants 80 bucks to do this. Will do it myself, where is the filter located on a 05 s60r and should i order the charcoal or regular filter?<p>Thanx<p>

·
Super Moderator
9,305 Posts
Re: cabin air filter (edonald849)

Wasn't the filter replaced at the 15K service? It's a schedule item.<p>It's located up uder the dash, behind the glovebox. Not very difficult to change. If you car has IAQS you must use the charcoal one, if not then you can use either one, to use the charcoal you must remove a spacer.<p>Tom.

·
Registered
63,543 Posts
Re: cabin air filter (tmtalpey)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD><i>Quote, originally posted by <b>tmtalpey</b> »</i></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Wasn't the filter replaced at the 15K service? It's a schedule item.<p>.</TD></TR></TABLE><br>You still have to pay for it

·
Super Moderator
9,305 Posts
Re: cabin air filter (JRL)

No, it's included in the FSM package at 15K and 30K. We've received it free on our 04 XC90 and my 05 V50. An 06 wouldn't get it, but the R in question is an 05.<p>Tom.

·
Registered
1,450 Posts

<A HREF="http://www.ipdusa.com/ProductsCat.aspx?CategoryID=1629&NodeID=5121&RootID=629" TARGET="_blank">http://www.ipdusa.com/Products...D=629</A><br>comes with install instructions i believe. if not i can look it up on vadis for you.<br>

·
Registered
972 Posts
Re: cabin air filter (SilverS60RNYC)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD><i>Quote, originally posted by <b>SilverS60RNY</b> »</i></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Ccomes with install instructions i believe. if not i can look it up on vadis for you.<br></TD></TR></TABLE><br>Do you get to it from under the hood just like the S70?

·
Super Moderator
9,305 Posts
Re: cabin air filter (blackTT55)

Under the <B>dash </B>(as mentioned above).<p>Tom.

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Re: cabin air filter (tmtalpey)

My services included the 15k and 30k IAQS filter (and they even left the old one in the car in the new one's box as proof!)<p>

·
Registered
2,124 Posts

On 2005 models the cabin filter is to be changed as part of the "free" service at the 15K and 30K service. Mine was changed at the 15K but they "forgot" at the 30K. Trip back to dealer where they did admit their "oversight".<p>Volvo filter part # for charcoal activated filter is 30676413. The filter is sourced from Behr. If you have access to Behr directly their part # is C9381.<p>To replace remove access panel from under glove box. Their are two Torx T-25 screws. There is a push in clamp on the right side of the panel. Pull directly down with a tug. Disengage other side from console. <p>With access panel removed you will see a rectangular box with four (4) T-25 screws. Remove them and grab filter and pull down. Note which way it is inserted and assuming it is the correct charcoal filter it will be in the rearmost slot. The front slot is for the thinner, non-charcoal filter. You will need to "flex" the filter slightly, you will note it has gaps to allow it to do so. It is also "coded" with a tab so that it can not be put in improperly by the technicians without considerable effort on their part. <p>If you are anal about your HVAC system or have someone with allergies I do the following, however it is not required and certainly do not expect your dealer to do it. <p>Replace the cover and four screws WITHOUT the filter in place, than run Pure Air from Interdynamics, Frigi Fresh, or saBesto Conditioning System from Wurth. I also use a spray disinfectent from Lysol. Run the system in a non-circulate mode, and spray the conditioner in the right cowl intake. Use max fanspeed. I activate the uppper, middle and lower outlets individually for the best effect. (Highest air velocity)<p>After doing this, then remove the cover and insert the new filter. I write the date and mileage on side of the new filter. Volvo does not use a separate filter for recirculate, they use the same filter and just redirect the intake, so there is no other filter to change. <p>Replace the bottom dash cover and you are done. <p>You may want to confirm that the evaporator fan "afterblow" function is actually working. Just because it is activated in VIDA does not mean it is working, so check for the fan running for five minutes, 50 minutes after shut down. There is at last a TNN on this issue, but that is another whole topic.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts