SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7,346 Posts
I'm pretty sure other have used only 2 since they're such a pain to get to. I think you'll be ok, but I understand the concern. Hopefully Kyle can chime in here.

·
Registered
8,379 Posts
Re: Cabin Air Filter Disaster - Loose Screw on Reverse side of Throttle Plate (NotAMechanic)

I Know I saw a Plate that seemed to Part of that Assembly , I Looked at It Briefly , It also Looked to be a lot of Extra Work to take It Out .

I Believe from the 30 sec. I looked at It that the Stud - would a
Pem Stud - Press Fit - Type or a Small Weld Stud - either way It's going to have to be - Tack Welded .

The Entire Set-Up Seems to be Way Over Done , and Please Just Give Me My - Throttle Cable Back !

May Be they could simply put a - ( Special Cable ) that has a Linear Reader - Built into It !

So the Entire Wireless BS and all the Taxing It puts on the ECU -
Could Be Simplified !

( Linear Senor VS Wireless Throttle Body )

Huge Cost Difference - ( VOLVO )

·
Registered
9,124 Posts
Re: (Veefifty T5AWD)

Never had one come loose before. You sure the nut just hasnt gotten completely tight? It sounds stupid but those locking nuts are freakin crazy. We usually replace them with a standard nut rather than the ovaled ones.

Its probably ok with just two but if you are still concerned i would try getting a standard nut and thread it on by hand and then attempt to tighten it. The stud should have less friction and possibly be able to tighten up http://********************/smile/emthup.gif

1 - 4 of 4 Posts