SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright, my sister is thinking of buying her first Volvo, but only slightly. I just can't get her to see Volvos as sexy....yet.

She wants to buy a used convertible and is considering the Saab, and likes the Audi Cabriolet.

The Audi only came as automatic, and is out of production anyway. Anything any of you guys can think of that I can plug at her regarding the C70. I just want her to buy it so I can drive it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
The Audi is far more cheaper than both of those cars. But if you points for the C70 here they go.
1)SAFETY!!!->I was in a high speed accident and I am perfectly fine, except for my concusion no serious injuries.
2)Sound System is second to none. If you get the SC901 system with the car in the convertible it comes with 14speakers and a 400watt AMP.
3)If you keep it clean you get stares from just about everyone. Bought my car in June of 1999 people were asking me if it was a BMW.
4)Handling, and speed are just right.
5)Gotta stress it again SAFETY!!!!

·
Premium Member
25 Posts
These two points might be moot depending upon her situation but I will give it a try:

1) The Volvo is a bigger car both in terms of interior volume as well as trunk space.. The Saab is second in line and the BMW is third by quite some distance.

2) RWD vs. FWD. Yes the point could be argued that RWD is the way to go for pure performance purposes but really in all actuality how many people really drive their BMW's at anything greater than 7/10ths? Overall FWD is a better all-season compromise in terms of handling and safety.

I might also bring up the costs associated with maintenence and insurance but again that is a variable factor for most people.

Just trying to fan the fires...

-Paul

·
Registered
91 Posts
Send her to IPD's website... Scott is selling their C70 project car that was featured in European Car http://www.ipdusa.com/c70.cfm
I know you said she's into convertibles... but this car is so hot that it's worth considering. If she balks... tell her how much you love her and that she would be safer with some metal over her head!

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think an IPD project car is a little too hardcore for my sister, but I think I am making headway on the C70 convertible.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts