SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2004 C70 Convertible LT 130K -- 2006 XC90 280K --- 2013 XC60R Polestar 115K
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently acquired a 2004 C70 Convertible. The car is great no issues.. Driving with the top down the bass seems to disappear. The car has the SC-901 head unit. AM/FM/Cassette/3 Disc changer. I was able to add the GROM bluetooth option for cell phone. Now looking for the sub woofer option which was originally a dealer installed option. Local dealer states this option is no longer available. Any ideas where I can find the spearkers, wire harness, and switch?

·
Registered
7,613 Posts
I just installed an aftermarket sub in the trunk. It has to be fairly beefy to hear it though. The door speakers are fairly decent, start by looking up the secret equalizer in the head unit and adding more bass that way. It's not really secret, but it's not obvious. The instructions are in the owner's manual. If you don't have one, you can read it on Volvo's website, just google volvo owners manual and you'll get there.

·
Registered
4,019 Posts
Recently acquired a 2004 C70 Convertible. The car is great no issues.. Driving with the top down the bass seems to disappear. The car has the SC-901 head unit. AM/FM/Cassette/3 Disc changer. I was able to add the GROM bluetooth option for cell phone. Now looking for the sub woofer option which was originally a dealer installed option. Local dealer states this option is no longer available. Any ideas where I can find the spearkers, wire harness, and switch?
I'm cleaning our my basement and have a complete set of C70 OE Dynaudio drivers and the OE Alpine amp that went with the upgraded system. IIRC, I have the large drivers (subs?) that went behind the seat, some of the crossovers. Not sure about all the connectors/cables. If your interested, PM and I'll dig them out (they've been packed away since 2006 or 07!) and take pictures. I'll let them go for a reasonable offer.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I just added this option on my 2004 C70 HPT... I had to replace my rear shocks and I find out that my C70 wasn't equipped with those speakers... I noticed that my car was prewired for speakers, but...

Trying to find parts for my car at the salvage yard, I found a 2002 C70 that had speakers and I was surprised to find two amps for them... One for each side. I brought home the two speakers and amplifiers and installed them in my car. I found the connectors for the amps and noticed some jumpers on my connectors that I removed to plug those amplifiers. I plugged the speakers and test my set up... No sound from them... I did some tests and researches to find out that I need a switch also that goes in the rear center console. There was a cap in the rear center console, and the cap is even holding the connector for the switch. So I screwed the speakers in place and replace the rear seat and thinking about the "donor car"...

I didn't recall to see that switch in the car that I removed the speakers. In fact, I even remember that speakers were screwed with some "regular wood screws" (not factory)... Anyways... I did some researches and I bought a switch from my local Volvo dealer. The part wasn't available at the "Canadian Volvo parts warehouse" in Ontario... My dealer order it directly from Sweden (part made in Japan).

I installed the switch and "Voilà" ! I have rear seat with the back massage option !!!

P.S. : I think that the "regular" push button switches, like the one for the heating for the front seat could work... Except the logo won't match the purpose of the switch

·
Registered
33 Posts
A picture worth a thousand words... (Une image vaut mile mots... we say in french)

...here's few !

The part 30739330...

It's a small switch with a speaker logo...

Looks the same as the switches for front seats

Now, with the switch in place...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts