SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a C70 with the 901 head unit. I dont have the center speaker. Is it possible to take the output signal from the Center speaker output on the back of the head unit to feed the signal to a sub amp to drive a sub.<p>If so, does the center speaker output only activate when the prologic/proccessor unit is fitted. If a signal is always there, does anyone know the 20 pin din-plug configuration.<p>I really want my sub and amp in the car so help is much apprieciated.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Re: C70 Signal from Center speaker output (ydesigners)

<B>Is it possible to take the output signal from the Center speaker output on the back of the head unit to feed the signal to a sub amp to drive a sub.</B> <p>No, the center channel is high pass filtered in the Dolby processor. It is much better to derive the sub signal from the 6-pin DIN amplifier connector.<p> <B>If so, does the center speaker output only activate when the prologic/proccessor unit is fitted.</B> <p>Yes, see above.<p> <B>If a signal is always there, does anyone know the 20 pin din-plug configuration.</B> <p>The 20 pin DIN-plug is a proprietary Alpine interface to pass stereo signals to the Dolby processor and left/center/right/surround signals from the processor. It also contains control signals and power supply to the processor. You will need a service manual to get the pin configuration for this plug.<br>

1 - 2 of 2 Posts