SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a C70 with the 901 head unit. I dont have the center speaker. Is it possible to take the output signal from the Center speaker output on the back of the head unit to feed the signal to a sub amp to drive a sub.

If so, does the center speaker output only activate when the prologic/proccessor unit is fitted. If a signal is always there, does anyone know the 20 pin din-plug configuration.

I really want my sub and amp in the car so help is much apprieciated.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Re: C70 Signal from Center speaker output (ydesigners)

Is it possible to take the output signal from the Center speaker output on the back of the head unit to feed the signal to a sub amp to drive a sub.

No, the center channel is high pass filtered in the Dolby processor. It is much better to derive the sub signal from the 6-pin DIN amplifier connector.

If so, does the center speaker output only activate when the prologic/proccessor unit is fitted.

Yes, see above.

If a signal is always there, does anyone know the 20 pin din-plug configuration.

The 20 pin DIN-plug is a proprietary Alpine interface to pass stereo signals to the Dolby processor and left/center/right/surround signals from the processor. It also contains control signals and power supply to the processor. You will need a service manual to get the pin configuration for this plug.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts