SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I see so many C70’s these days. Today, Labor Day I saw one in Norristown. A black 10 maybe with top down swearing in between lanes to get to Whitehouse Rd. I couldn’t catch up. Traffic. I was going to Egypt. Looked like you were enjoying the open road.
So start this. Who have you seen lately?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
193 Posts
In addition to my new to me c70 I own a 2003 Thunderbird (what a great combo these two cars are). Active on a T-Bird site I post regularly to this same thread on that site. Seven weeks of ownership and I've not seen another C70 on the road. Strange to me as the Bird had 68000 produced in 4 MY and I think the Volvo had over 100,000 made. (Is that 100k number correct?)

·
Registered
158 Posts
Nice surprise the other day as I spotted a red cloth top in the very back corner of the parking lot at my gym! Needing some body work, but definitely one of us!

·
Registered
98 S70 Base, 06 S40 T5 M66 FWD, 08 C70 M66, 11 XC90 V8, 13 C70 P*
951 Posts
A fair number around here. I was down in Norfolk a couple of weeks ago and needed to stop by a post office on my way back to work. Pulled in next to a ‘12 in Celestial; driver was just getting into her car with the top down. I said “nice car” and she smiled, then realized what I was driving. She told me she loved hers, would probably only trade it if/when Volvo decides to make a newer cabrio. Same, same!

BD

1998 S70 GL, 2006 S40 T5 M66 FWD, 2008 C70 Premium Plus M66, 2011 XC90 V8, 2013 C70 Platinum P* (1994 854T FWD, 2004 XC90 2.5T AWD, 2005 S60. 2.5T FWD RIP)

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
I'm a little surprised at the number I see around Austin, TX, especially considering our 43 days of 100F+ temps (again) this year. It's supposed to be 104 today!!! NO top-down driving after 9am or before 9pm lately(still in the mid-90s at 9pm ).
A fellow Pickleball player has a Flamenco '12, so I see it maybe once a week regularly. Looks pretty good next to our Caspian Blue. Used to be a couple of Celestial Blues in our sub-division(prettiest color, IMO...I miss our '08); but I haven't seen them lately.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
There's a fair few around here in the north-east Philly suburbs... my daughter has pretty much fully adopted mine, there's a later model celestial blue nearby that I see quite often and it actually parked next to me at Starbucks one day... yesterday just cruising around I saw one celestial blue and another with Jersey tags, either a black or caspian, couldn't quite tell as we passed at quite high speed in shade and I had my sunglasses on

·
Registered
158 Posts
. Capitol Hill, Seattle. Getting to be a habit. I’ve even chanced to park right in front or behind the red one one on several occasions. Different streets too, as parking is at a premium in that neighborhood. Haven’t met the owner yet. I’m always the 2nd to park, so they never see mine, and I leave while their car is till there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
35 Posts
There's a black facelift that parks in the deck at work. Trying to find when they get there so i can park next to them! Only seen a few out and about.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Saw a black one with PA tags in the movie theater parking lot in Cherry Hill yesterday afternoon, when I came out it was gone but there was black C30 in almost the same spot.

·
Registered
81 Posts
A couple of weeks ago I was at a stop light after exiting the freeway when I saw EmperorWatcher driving around with top down. That was the first time my C70 was acknowledged by someone driving one.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts