SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering If there is some docs or images on how to fix a sunroof that is rattling away. Today it is much worse that ever. Now there is a metal bracket that has come loose from the glass. Any recomendations on what type of glue to stick it back on. As well as a how to on tightening the roof in general.<p>Besides the roof my car is feeling more and more loose then it ever has. When i hit a bump i feel like the whole car is going to fall apart. Has anyone experenced there C70 rattling to pieces. I am waiting for the day i hit a bump in the highway and the panes will just fall off. I have a 2000 with 70K.<p>I am ready for the dealer but wanted to post it here. I find i get better info here that helps when i do go to the dealer.<p>Thanks<br>Eric

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
Re: C70 Rattling Away (cann)

Alldata DIY is a great thing to have. They have a section just for noise control...<p>I've found the service to be handy and for less than $30.00 and a roll of felt tape...I've made a virgin out of my car again.<p>Dealer will charge you insane $$$ to do this work. If you have decent mechanical skills and a little time on the weekend, you're better off going the alldata.com route.<p>Cheers,<br>Prospero<p>And no, I don't work for Alldata but I do use their service.<p>

·
Registered
85 Posts
Re: C70 Rattling Away (cann)

I had the same problem and it was driving me crazy. I used a roll of caulking tape (like you would use for a sink to wall joint in your bathroom or around a shower). I cut a strip and fit it to the back of the roof opening where the moonroof would touch the metal. This "snugged up" the glass to the metal and stopped the rattling.<p>The downside is that as strong as the adhesive is on the back of the caulking strip, the force of the moonroof opening and closing will cause it to shift. And over time, it gets pushed down into the gutter. You have to be diligent about keeping it in place. Also, the pressure of the moonroof tends to squeeze the adhesive out from behind the strip which can cause the moonroof to stick a bit.<p>So, not a perfect solution but at least I don't have to hear that rattle any more!<br>

1 - 3 of 3 Posts