SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,
I recently purchased a 2006 Volvo C70. Car needs a little TLC here and there but overall is in good condition. One of my problems is the central locking, when i click the keyless entry to open or close the doors the locks go a little crazy, the behavior of the locks is erratic. Does anyone know what the problem here may be ? Maybe a sensor ? Is there a way to reset the electronic locking system ? I have attached a youtube video below showing what the locks are doing. Thanks

·
Registered
203 Posts
Does leaving the key in the ignition lead to the doors automatically locking? Seems like we have had this happen twice or is it our imagination. Certainly not our imagination that the doors were locked when we returned from the quick visit inside Dunkin' Donuts.

Luckily we had both sets of keys with us so not a crisis.

Have posted earlier that I bought the cheap blade key blank from ebay and found a locksmith who was able to cut the blank so it would open the door but not lock the car. What's up with that? Also have the cut blank in a magnetic box behind the license plate also secured with Duct tape. Any better way/position for securing the key?

Car is a 2007.

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
I've always been far more worried about the complications and expenses of losing my key when I'm hundreds of miles from home than I have ever been about having my car stolen...

For both my s60 and c70 I have a third key... the metal key is carefully placed on the underside of the car where it cannot be easily seen, even when up on a hoist, in a locking key magnetic key safe I got from Amazon for about seven bucks:

Kidde AccessPoint 001859 Stor-A-Key Locking Magnetic Key Case, Gray https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000GTOUG0/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_zSEODb5TME1SS

I accept this is not enough to stop a determined thief, but does add another layer of nuisance

The third fob is carefully hidden inside the car. For the keyless drive S60 it is hidden inside an Altoid tin, enough to defeat the radio signals that allow keyless start.

So I figure that finding the key box, unlocking it, opening the door with the key, (thus triggering the alarm) and then finding the fob while the alarm is sounding will be enough of a deterrent for most casual thieves, and fairly sure my high mileage ten year old example is not a sufficiently lucrative target for a professional at this point

·
Registered
203 Posts
Thanks, just ordered it. Price was reduced and with tax it was $6.90 and will be delivered tomorrow! Wow one day shipping! where exactly is it placed. Distorted license plate where I put it.

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
Sorry, although not that concerned, I don’t really want to publicly announce to the world exactly where my spare key is.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts