SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will soon say goodbye to my 2011 C70. I have an original windblocker and an 18 inch midir wheel to sell. The next owner, whomever it is, may negotiate purchase of these items but before I reach that point I want to test the interest of anyone here. The windblocker has ben used rarely. The wheel was a replacement while another wheel was repaired. There is a bit of kerb rash. Photos are available and further info is from [email protected]

Also a compact spare, if anyone wants one, same info.

Thanks to all on this site, now and over the past six years. I learned so much from the minds of the owners who cared enough to share their knowledge.

JohnC

·
Registered
649 Posts
Hey tarhoosier - what's next after the C70? I'm starting to think about what would replace my 2011 and tempted by the German alternatives...

·
Registered
672 Posts
The G70 is a fantastic car.

I've been trying to talk my wife into trading up her optima for a Kia stinger or a G70.

I'm trying to decide what's next after the C70. For me it has to be another convertible and since Volvo isn't making one I'm not sure what's next.

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
158 Posts
I was considering the Infiniti G70 (?) when I was originally shopping for a car. Glad I got my C70, but wondered about that one.

·
Registered
672 Posts
I was considering the Infiniti G70 (?) when I was originally shopping for a car. Glad I got my C70, but wondered about that one.
We're you looking at the G37/Q60 convertible? That was my other favorite convertible but the trunk and back seat were very small. A lot sportier though.

Since we highjacked this thread maybe we need a " what would you replace your C70 with" thread..

·
Registered
649 Posts
OK, hijacked it is. I recently drove a 2019 440 xDrive and really liked it. I understand that 2020 is the last year for the hardtop so I'm very tempted to replace my 8+ year old C70. The BMW hardtop is is not as elegant or smooth as the C70 mechanism (especially those brackets in the rain gutters - hideous), but in my part of the world a hardtop is quite nice in the winter. The run flats are not desirable, and it might take me some time to get use to the somewhat disconnected steering, but that 6 cylinder is just lovely. Anyone here have any experience with the 4 series convertibles?

·
Registered
672 Posts
Have to agree, those brackets on top of the roof are both weird and ugly, but I do like the option of all wheel drive in the Audi. Wisconsin Winters are terrible.

·
Registered
158 Posts
:nono::OT::hijack: Yeah.. the alternatives were either of those Infiniti convertibles, but the trunk & rear seat are definitely inferior. They’re both possibly faster, but the C70 is really a VERY beautifully designed car. I finally bought a car that only has to satisfy ME! :)

·
Registered
211 Posts
We're you looking at the G37/Q60 convertible? That was my other favorite convertible but the trunk and back seat were very small. A lot sportier though.

Since we highjacked this thread maybe we need a " what would you replace your C70 with" thread..

Having just replaced my C70 with another C70, it's more of "what do I want to park next to my C70" and right now I'm jonesing for either a 242DL or a 240 Turbo. I miss having a RWD, manual, redblock Volvo. My wife, however, does not - she'd rather have (another) Jeep Wrangler.

·
Registered
194 Posts
What pieces parts make sense to purchase?

Already have windscreen. Anyone bought a key blade off of Ebay to use as an emergency key?

·
Registered
98 S70 Base, 06 S40 T5 M66 FWD, 08 C70 M66, 11 XC90 V8, 13 C70 P*
962 Posts
What pieces parts make sense to purchase?

Already have windscreen. Anyone bought a key blade off of Ebay to use as an emergency key?
Consider getting the Mods4Cars SmartTOP to remotely open/close the roof and a few other goodies: http://www.motivemods.com/Mods4Cars-Volvo-smartTOP-p/m4c-sthfvo1.htm. A bit of a PITA to install by yourself - especially if you don't have hands the size of a five year old - but worth it once you have it! It was a want and not a need for me, so I waited until another member on the forum was selling his.

If you don't have the spare tire package, grab any P1 spare and jack/tire iron from a junkyard.

If you buy the blade, pretty sure you'll still have to have it cut to your car. (I haven't tried between my cars but doubt even a precut used one will work on another car to open the door - can confirm at the end of the weekend when I get back home. I do know an uncut one will not work - have that for the S40 just to hold the key ring for the spare fob I had programmed by my indy.)

BD

2006 S40 T5 M66 FWD, 2008 C70 Premium Plus M66, 2011 XC90 V8, 2013 C70 Platinum P* (1994 854T FWD, 2005 S60 2.5T FWD, & 2004 XC90 2.5T AWD RIP)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 13 of 13 Posts