SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

· Registered
8,830 Posts
Re: C70 or Pontiac G6 or VW or???? (avolvofan)

Quote, originally posted by avolvofan »

Given that there already is a 328i, if price is an issue, that should likely be an option for the price-concerned. But $60,000??? that strikes me as a bit on the high side.

The current 330ci tops out in the mid $50's.
No reason to doubt that BMW won't raise the price on a totally new car.

· Registered
8,830 Posts
Re: C70 or Pontiac G6 or VW or???? (adp)

Quote, originally posted by adp »

I agree with you 100%, but since I'll be buying something for one of my kids to drive fairly soon, and since two college tuitions are right around the corner, I may not give myself the luxury of a $40,000 vehicle.......

THEN what do I do?

No question the C70 is the best car, given my needs. But we don't always get to satisfy our needs, eh?

Agreed, but a Pontiac is penny wise and pound foolish.

· Registered
408 Posts
Re: C70 or Pontiac G6 or VW or???? (VolvoMax)

Quote, originally posted by VolvoMax »

Too bad the bimmer will probably be $60,000.
I doubt it. BMW is pretty smart about not increasing their base MSRP too much from model year to model year. If anything I would expect something like $2k more on the base.

· Registered
408 Posts

The current 330ci tops out in the mid $50's.
No reason to doubt that BMW won't raise the price on a totally new car.
No offense but the BMW 330 and a C70 are two different cars. I am not a BMW fan at all but the 330 would kick the living hell out of, and drive circles around, the new C70. The C70 is nice but I did not like the ride that much and the interior is nothing special.

· Registered
1,745 Posts
Re: C70 or Pontiac G6 or VW or???? (robert_in_ca)

Quote, originally posted by robert_in_ca »
No offense but the BMW 330 and a C70 are two different cars. I am not a BMW fan at all but the 330 would kick the living hell out of, and drive circles around, the new C70. The C70 is nice but I did not like the ride that much and the interior is nothing special. [Emphasis added.]
Not to mention the BMWs better 0- 60 time, smaller turning circle, better handling, and, and, and. The 335ci is easily better than the C70. Even the 328ci will be better than the C70.

· Registered
16,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Re: C70 or Pontiac G6 or VW or???? (avolvofan)

does the 3-series have the same kind of reliability issue as the 7-series?

I don't think I've met a single 7-series owner (in the past two-three years)who has been happy with his 7-series. But two of them did get rid of them and buy a 5-series.

· Registered
16,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·

Agreed, but a Pontiac is penny wise and pound foolish.

I'm not sure that is exactly accurate. From a purely financial standpoint, any new car is a dumb play. (I take the penny-wise pouind-foolish saying to be a "financial" comment) I am sure that my per monthy costs would be lower in the Pontiac if I lease. And if I buy, I amnot rally concerned about resale value, as I'd likely keep the car until it had little value left (and the delta in value would not be much)

still, I am not saying that the Pontiac is the better car, or the smarter car to buy, etc.

Of course, the Volvo is likely much safer, and that is money in the bank.

· Premium Member
5,904 Posts

Quote, originally posted by adp »
does the 3-series have the same kind of reliability issue as the 7-series?

I don't think I've met a single 7-series owner (in the past two-three years)who has been happy with his 7-series. But two of them did get rid of them and buy a 5-series.

There is a retired dentist near me with his second 745Li (2003) His first was bought back due to many issues with the car..this one seems to be okay.

It's too early to tell with the E90 3's (2006). But I can say that the E46's are great cars...not many issues...a small thing once and awhile...

· Registered
744 Posts

One our company's owners had his 2002 745Li bought back by BMW and replaced by a 2004 745Li. The 2002 was a weekly nightmare. The 2004 seems OK.

· Registered
506 Posts

Last thing I read said that Karmann couldn't get the G6 CC to pass the 10,000 up/down cycle test that seems to be the industry standard. Also read the Webasto/Oasys C70 top pass this test. If your worried about the Volvo's tops realiability, I hate to even think about the Pontiac's.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.