SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
8,830 Posts
Re: C70 or Pontiac G6 or VW or???? (adp)

A

If you spend any time in a Pontiac you will see how much nicer a Volvo is.

Forget the safety aspect for one minute.
You know there is no way that Pontiac is going to offer the high strength steels, air curtains and whiplash reducing seats that Volvo is.

The fit and finish, the comfort of the seats, the secure feeling in the C70 is something that Pontiac simply can't duplicate.

As for the V-dub, it is a smaller car. It has a shorter warranty, no loaner car, a loaded EOS isn't going to be much less than the C70.
Look at Passat prices vs the S60 or Jetta prices vs the S40.
The VW's are as much or more than the Volvo's!

· Registered
8,830 Posts
Re: C70 or Pontiac G6 or VW or???? (avolvofan)

Quote, originally posted by avolvofan »
Or, wait for the BMW 335ci.

300 hp 300 ft/lbs, 36 foot turning circle, power retractable hardtop, 0-60 in something like 5.5 sec. Similar safety features, and, and. You can preview the 335i (not the convertible version, but it is close to what the 335ci will be; and the photos are so much better than the grainy spy photos that have been circulating on the web...) at:

http://www.bmwusa.com/vehicles...coupe

Volvo better not get complacent! The 335ci is going put the C70 (as presently spec'd) to shame.

Too bad the bimmer will probably be $60,000.

· Registered
8,830 Posts
Re: C70 or Pontiac G6 or VW or???? (avolvofan)

Quote, originally posted by avolvofan »

Given that there already is a 328i, if price is an issue, that should likely be an option for the price-concerned. But $60,000??? that strikes me as a bit on the high side.

The current 330ci tops out in the mid $50's.
No reason to doubt that BMW won't raise the price on a totally new car.

· Registered
8,830 Posts
Re: C70 or Pontiac G6 or VW or???? (adp)

Quote, originally posted by adp »

I agree with you 100%, but since I'll be buying something for one of my kids to drive fairly soon, and since two college tuitions are right around the corner, I may not give myself the luxury of a $40,000 vehicle.......

THEN what do I do?

No question the C70 is the best car, given my needs. But we don't always get to satisfy our needs, eh?

Agreed, but a Pontiac is penny wise and pound foolish.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.