SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I removed all 3 major parts from a 2001 convertible for my 98 coupe. It's been taking up room in my parents' garage and I don't know if/when I'll get to it. Looking to see if there if any serious interest in it. It includes the subframe, the stay (triangular support under engine and trans), and the stabilizer bar that goes back to the middle of the chassis.

Don't have any pics now, but I can get some if there is interest.

An independent Volvo mechanic by me said to ask $700, but I'm negotiable. If interested, PM me. I won't consider lowballers and I won't reply. I'd rather sit on it until the day that I do my engine rebuild and manual swap.

·
Registered
661 Posts
Subframe with engine and trans attached?

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nope. Engine and trans are gone. Its just the subframe which is better than the one that is in the coupe, sedan, or wagon. It has cross brace to prevent flex from convertible top instead of solid roof.

·
Registered
398 Posts
I have no affiliation with the seller, however I can verify the "V" brace that mounts in the middle of the vehicle makes a very noticeable improvement in chassis rigidity in an 855R. I was planning on installing a C70 'vert subframe into the same vehicle because of the aluminum subframe mounts. Very good upgrade!!!

·
Registered
661 Posts
Hadn't thought of it that way. Thanks for the information though! More things to add to my R build next year

1 - 7 of 7 Posts