SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ordered a C70 2.0 D Se Powershift in Magic Blue and Quartz Beige and should arrive on the 7 th of July. Testdrove it twice and loved it.
Decided not to go for the RTI Nav as it doesn't show speedcamera's.
Am very excited,

·
Registered
8,839 Posts
Re: C70 2.0D SE Powershift (mrkp)

How was the power in the car?
Also, did the car you test drove have a hesitation in going from Reverse to Drive?

·
Registered
2,305 Posts
Re: C70 2.0D SE Powershift (mrkp)

Quote, originally posted by mrkp »
Ordered a C70 2.0 D Se Powershift in Magic Blue and Quartz Beige and should arrive on the 7 th of July. Testdrove it twice and loved it.
Decided not to go for the RTI Nav as it doesn't show speedcamera's.
Am very excited,

Congrats!

But, about the RTI. It shows speedcameras. At least on my MY09 C70 T5....

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
power is very smooth and works really well with the new dual clutch [powershift]
also very composed over potholes and speedbumps
the Volvo salespeople told me that no inbuilt nav system has the speedcamera's, so will stick to my tomtom
does anyone know why the fueltank in the 2.0D is only 52 litres as supposed to 60/62 litres in the other versions, despite having the same bootspace?

·
Registered
2,305 Posts
Re: (mrkp)

the Volvo salespeople told me that no inbuilt nav system has the speedcamera's, so will stick to my tomtom

He is wrong....

·
Registered
677 Posts
Re: (T5_awd)

Yep definately wrong, I get a nice *bing* whenever I go near a speed camera
(Just wish they would put in an option for calculating a different route! Road closed yesterday turned on the sat nav, for 5 miles it said make a u-turn until it finally got the point! )

Car sounds nice though http://********************/smile/emthup.gif Will that be coming as the new shape or the existing shape?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
existing shape, i only saw the new shape on this site yesterday.
and the cars go fine from reverse to drive
I did find it to much money though for the SatNav

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
Re: (mrkp)

power is very smooth and works really well with the new dual clutch [powershift]
also very composed over potholes and speedbumps
does anyone know why the fueltank in the 2.0D is only 52 litres as supposed to 60/62 litres in the other versions, despite having the same bootspace?

What are the details on this new dual-clutch transmission (Powershift)?

How many speeds?
Do you know who makes it (or where the design is from)?
What C70 engine choices is it available with?

I hadn't heard about it before, so I'm also curious when it will hit the US model, or if it will.

·
Registered
8,839 Posts
Re: (BlackC70)

Quote, originally posted by BlackC70 »

What are the details on this new dual-clutch transmission (Powershift)?

How many speeds?
Do you know who makes it (or where the design is from)?
What C70 engine choices is it available with?

I hadn't heard about it before, so I'm also curious when it will hit the US model, or if it will.

The 2.0L turbodiesel w/ Powershift is being tested for US use right now.
Most likely in the S40. No idea if there are plans for this powertrain to be used in the C70.

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
Re: (VolvoMax)

My query was really aimed at whether it might see use with the T5 engine, in US C70's.

The 5-speed Geartronic is a bit of a weak link (performance and functionality-wise, anyway) in the C70 package - I was always a little bit envious of the DSG transmission that is used in the VW Eos.

Anyway, sounds like it's only for diesel models, for now.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.