SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has any one hacked up a c30 bumper to fit the lip of made a replica or similar style lip?
The Heico isn't doing it for me, I like the elevate front bumper but im not sure how it would look if I just did the front bumper with the dynamic side skirts and rear valence. A c30 lip would be the perfect look!:thumbup:

·
Super Moderator
15,166 Posts
Been done. AJ is the one who really took off with it, but I can't seem to find any pictures of his car with it (it looks like they've all been removed).

Here is one example though, no idea who's car this is:

·
Registered
6,415 Posts
Do not want.
You have to elaborate . . . ;-)

I do want but I would do it only if I could find a used part in great condition otherwise it is paying too much for something you have to adapte and work on anyway. These bumpers are actually hard to find used since the model year was short live...

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The lip is gorgeous! Almost looks like the MS designs lip but with a nicer curve! I Do Want!! I just don't know how pricey going through with it would be any one know where I can find a MS design lip FS? I'm having no luck

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
It's the shape... it just doesn't transition smoothly from the bumper and it's just... I don't know, not as attractive as other valences available.

·
Registered
9,114 Posts
Can hit up Aj and see if he has anything available.

·
Registered
6,415 Posts
It's the shape... it just doesn't transition smoothly from the bumper and it's just... I don't know, not as attractive as other valences available.
I totally agree that it would be much better if it transition was a bit more smooth . . . Fit and finish might have been difficult to do, I don't know... That said I personally think this, is one of the cleanest design. I've always been a big fan of that C30 version and imo like it much better than the latest version which got overly and unnecessarily busy for over the top sensational effect rather than fine, elaborate, design . . . they are all still very nice :)

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
I am thinking to get the lip to work you would have to swap the whole bumper assembly. Otherwise there is cutting involved

·
Super Moderator
15,166 Posts
The lip is gorgeous! Almost looks like the MS designs lip but with a nicer curve! I Do Want!! I just don't know how pricey going through with it would be any one know where I can find a MS design lip FS? I'm having no luck
Simply put, the MS design lip is nearly impossible to find for the 04.5-07 S40s. A lot of threads have discussed it.

That's why I'm going custom...

The C30 lip would cost you between $150-$300 to buy, and you'd have to heat, bend, and cut it to get it to fit. Not to mention, it won't clip straight into the spots for your current lip. It's a lot of work, but a great result if done right.

·
Registered
6,887 Posts
I don't think I ever took any official pics of my style lip before moving on to the 08+ facelift style. Here are a couple of my prototype pics. I've got the molds just haven't had the time or desire to make any more as Swedespeed was really getting on me for the "free" advertising I was doing.
The "plugs" of my actual mold piece, fit as good as any aftermarket CF pieces I've ever seen (better than most). :)

Different prototype out of plastic, it was a little large due to the method of manufacture:

My CF trunk lid lip spoiler:

·
Registered
9,114 Posts
That's the man gettin on ya lol, I have felt the burn of a violation as well. No one can see it but me under my subscribed threads, I'm branded for life lol.

·
Registered
244 Posts
You wanna make me a mold and I will love you long time? :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts