SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Out of interest. Has anyone tried to swap the late model c30 front panels, lights and bumper onto an s40?

Sent from my CLT-L29 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
View attachment 49615

has been done with a V50. so yes, it can be done. there was a build thread but I can't find it anymore. involved a lot of sheet metal work (fenders) and rewiring to get it done...

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
you can do a facelift conversion - plug and play if you have halogens, require a bit of rewiring with xenons.

but if you already have a facelift S40/V50, then your options on that are pretty limited. I also thought of a headlight / front conversion to the newer style V90/V60 headlights, but ditched the idea because of the LED stuff. pretty hard to figure out.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
I have 2006 s40 T5 I think I have late model already. Just looking at the late 2010 c30 front and was wondering if it fits but maybe s40 is longer in front or something

Sent from my CLT-L29 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2007 Volvo V50 T5 AWD M66
509 Posts
The facelift switch was in 2008.

·
Registered
7 Posts
C30 on S40 Front end Swop

I don't see why it wouldn't be an easy swap. Expensive to source the 3rd gen pieces though, fenders, bumper, grill, fog light inserts.
Can anyone confirm if this was ever done ?
Im really set on doing it but i can find who the blue SC40 Belongs to.
I did get a pic sent to me on how it would look and it looks damn good not sure who the blue "SC40" belongs to

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Can anyone confirm if this was ever done ?
Im really set on doing it but i can find who the blue SC40 Belongs to.
I did get a pic sent to me on how it would look and it looks damn good not sure who the blue "SC40" belongs to

This really did happen. There’s a user on Instagram who did it and he had a bunch of pics up. Can’t remember his username though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 10 of 10 Posts