SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I have a 2010 C30, I went into my tire place yesterday to swap my winter wheels to summer and the technician told me that one of my wheel nuts is stuck and chances are it is cross-threaded. Sure enough, we found out one of the wheel studs in my rear driver side is cross-threaded and now will not accept new nut.

The technical said it is still okay to drive with only 4 nuts on but I should get it fixed.

I called my dealer and the service advisor there told me that I will have to replace the entire wheel hub and it would cost me $600 - 700 canadian to fix. Is that true? Can we not just replace the stud?

Thanks,
Allen

·
Registered
5,602 Posts
Volvo doesn't sell the studs, they are part of the bearing. However, when replacing the front bearings, the studs get pressed out while the hub is pressed out. So if any of the techs hang on to them, someone should have an extra laying around.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Volvo wheel bearings go bad all the time so you should replace them around 100,000 miles anyway
the good news is they are 30$ on ebay or rockauto
the bad news is they are rusted on and you might want to pay a shop to change them which will be 300$

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZC0kUenzhXI

for right now, 4 wheel lugs is perfectly safe just be sure to drive sensibly
but do not go to the autocross

1 - 5 of 5 Posts