SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone found any rear turn signal bulbs that are not amber for the C30? I think the amber looks terrible.

I tried Lumen LEDs because they said they would not trigger the quick flashing and bulb error message but that was a lie. I'm going to go back to halogen bulbs if I can find a color other than amber, preferably red or white.

Or if someone has figured out how to fix the quick flashing and bulb error message with the LEDs, let us know!

These are the Lumen LEDs - http://www.carid.com/2011-volvo-c30-led-lights/lumen-led-lights-62588109.html

·
Super Moderator
15,191 Posts
Yeah, there's lots of options.... Don't bother spending $30+ for "mirrored" or "chromed" bulbs from the big name supplier, just source some for ~$10 a pair on ebay. Look up the bulb type in your owners manual, I can't remember off the top of my head. Then just search for that bulb with a mirrored finish.

They'll still illuminate amber.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Yeah, there's lots of options.... Don't bother spending $30+ for "mirrored" or "chromed" bulbs from the big name supplier, just source some for ~$10 a pair on ebay. Look up the bulb type in your owners manual, I can't remember off the top of my head. Then just search for that bulb with a mirrored finish.

Woah, I need to get those turn signal bulbs for my headlights
They look insane

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Thanks for the pictures. I am looking for bulbs that flash in red or white though; I'm not a fan of the amber flashing either haha.
Now that I've seen my bulbs flash in white LEDs, I really want to find a way to get it to work. It looks too clean not to keep them!

I still haven't found anything though so your way might be the best option. Also still have not figured out why the LEDs flash normal when my hazards are on but flash fast when just the turn signal is on.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Search Ebay for the chrome that flash orange,good luck finding anything but amber.It's very easy to change the bulbs.The light assembly doesn't even have to be removed,just the small access panel and bulb holders.Less thsn 5 minutes.