SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Unfortunately my 2007 C30 with Basic audio has no way of connecting an AUX to it (it has the "CD" button not the "Mode" button). I'm looking for ways to address this problem.
GROM and MMMi seem great but the price is quite high, so far I'm leaning towards an FM modulator.

Meanwhile I'm wondering how hard would it be to replace my non-AUX Basic audio to yes-AUX Basic audio. Is that even possible?
  • If so, which parts would need to be replaced, just the radio/cdplayer or more?
  • What would be the biggest obstacles in making it happen?
  • Bonus question, why is my idea stupid?

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Slide on over to C30 Crew and read the frustration on doing such a conversion over there. It can be done, provided you enjoy dealing with wiring, soldering, learning about how the bus connects to the applicable control module(s) and, of course, ripping your car apart.

I will say the AUX is fairly worthless, unless you want to do more of the above--at least with the MP3 players I've hooked into it--sound sucks. I just use it for Bluetooth, but still very 60s, as you must be in AUX mode for it to work. No listening to the radio/CD and having a call come in over your sound system modernness going on here...

At least my C30 is fast, sounds good and looks good...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts