SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Trying to diagnose what module is taking down my low speed CAN Bus. I know many of the modules go through the CCM, so I need to bypass the CCM to continue to determine what module is the culprit.

The Green and White wires are for the communication, but I'm having troubles determining in what way.

Are Green the low speed and white the high speed?

At the connector, would I short the green wires together and the white wires together to bypass the CCM?

·
Registered
859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Okay, I believe the green and white twisted pairs are the individual busses. The question more becomes can I short the green to it's white paired wire to bypass the ccm?

·
Registered
859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wish I could edit posts.

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
Green to green, white to white

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
They are twisted to reduce noise. One twisted pair is one CAN bus. One wire is CAN high other is CAN low. Both Hi Speed and Lo Speed CAN have High and Low CAN. One wire mirrors the other. Signals are same Learn a bit about data communication and automotive networks

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Green and white wires sound right. When I installed my aftermarket deck, I extended a bunch of wires on the new harness with the corresponding wires from my parts car, and white and green ended up being the wires to tap into to interface the steering wheel controls.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts