SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I have a 2012 S60 T5 that I took delivery of about a month ago. Its a great car and am very happy with it. I have noticed most times when I open the door there is a buzzing sound for maybe 15-20 seconds or until I sit in the seat. It doesn't seem to happen all the time, but I would say about 90% of the time. I know it happens when either front door is opened, not sure about the rear ones though. Is this normal? Does anyone know what it is?

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
This buzzing sound is normal. I just ignore it. There was a thread about this topic and you can see some previous comments.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
OK, thanks, I'm glad to know its normal. I searched for other threads about it, but didn't find any. Does anyone know what causes this?

·
Registered
7,367 Posts
The car gets excited when it realizes it is about the be driven. This is the sound of its "loins" quivering in anticipation.

·
Registered
176 Posts
After having 4 Volvos, I have gotten "used" to the funny noises the make, that no other car makes. In the V40 it was the cooling fan that made a tremendous noise (like a dog panting after exercising) and the brake pump injecting all the time. buzzz... buzzz... buzzz... On the V50 it was also the brake pump and then right after starting it cold it would make loud (like gasping air) noise and then it was quiet afterwards... Never knew what this was....

I haven´t noticed many funny noises on my V60 though, maybe its because I have the Ford Ecoboost engine... the only noise I can listen is when I depress the parking brake I can hear a click and feel it funny on the pedal.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts