SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an intermittent problem and would appreciate some input from the forum members as to what's going on. I have a 2005 V70R with about 54,000 miles, automatic transmission. The car runs great, I don't notice any problems, but in the last couple of weeks I sometimes hear a loud buzzing sound when I start up the car. On restart everything is fine with no trace of the buzzing sound ??? I opened the hood and the noise seems to be coming from the driver's side by the fuse box or near that area.

I'VE ALSO NOTICED LATELY THAT THERE'S ANOTHER CONDITION NECESSARY FOR THE BUZZING SOUND TO START. IT SEEMS THAT WHEN GOING IN REVERSE OUT OF THE DRIVEWAY OR A PARKING SPOT, AND THEN GOING INTO DRIVE IS WHAT'S STARTING THE WHOLE PROCESS. IF I JUST GO FORWARD, THERE'S NO NOISE. AS DESCRIBED ABOVE, IF I TURN OFF THE ENGINE AND RESTART, THE NOISE GOES AWAY. THIS IS AN INTERMITTENT PROBLEM AND WHEN THE CAR IS REALLY WARMED UP IT NO LONGER HAPPENS. I'LL KEEP OBSERVING IT FOR A WHILE LONGER BEFORE BRINGING IT IN FOR SERVICE, BUT I'D APPRECIATE SOME FORUM INPUT ABOUT THIS...
THANKS!

·
Registered
16,979 Posts
IIRC check for your starter fuse that had tendencey to buzz in the 99/00 cars that I have had.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts