SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2018 XC60 has a frequent buzz/vibration that occurs in the headliner when music is playing. It sounds like a trim vibration sound, and when I hold my hand against the headliner in front of the moonroof the sound goes away. I'm guessing it has to do with the two speakers that are located here.

Anyone else have this issue and fix it? I'm very new to this vehicle, so I'm not yet comfortable with just pulling apart trim pieces willy nilly. And the car is out of warranty (52k miles) or else I'd take it to the dealer.

·
Registered
28 Posts
My 2018 XC60 has a frequent buzz/vibration that occurs in the headliner when music is playing. It sounds like a trim vibration sound, and when I hold my hand against the headliner in front of the moonroof the sound goes away. I'm guessing it has to do with the two speakers that are located here.

Anyone else have this issue and fix it? I'm very new to this vehicle, so I'm not yet comfortable with just pulling apart trim pieces willy nilly. And the car is out of warranty (52k miles) or else I'd take it to the dealer.
Try opening up your moonroof and closing it again. I had the same problem and my passenger was able to detect where it was coming from. Opened and closed and it went away.

·
Registered
211 Posts
I have this issue. When it bothers me I open the headliner just a smidgen to make the noise go away. The quirks of having a first year refresh model.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hmm...okay, I will give this a shot the next time it happens. I can say I've opened my moonroof a number of times since the noise started, so maybe it's only a short term fix

·
Registered
276 Posts
I have to open the shade a few inches and it stops. Dealership couldn’t fix it. It seems to have to do with the aluminum trim piece on the front of the shade but I can’t pinpoint exactly. My MY is 2020 I’m sure they’re all the same

·
Registered
1 Posts
Same here, it's definitely from my headliner being totally closed. Thought it was from the dash area but opening the headliner and no more vibration buzz.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have to open the shade a few inches and it stops. Dealership couldn’t fix it. It seems to have to do with the aluminum trim piece on the front of the shade but I can’t pinpoint exactly. My MY is 2020 I’m sure they’re all the same
When I press on the headliner, the buzzing stops. It seems like a piece of insulation right on the edge with the moonroof would take up any gap and eliminate the issue.

But I'm nervous to try this without the shop manual or having really torn into the vehicle before; does anyone know if it would be difficult to pry open a gap in the headliner right here so I could slide in a piece of foam or something?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts