SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
757 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What does the intrusion alarm, of the aging battery, sound like? I'm getting a piercing piezo-type alarm that is only audible INSIDE car, slightly louder on driver's side.

Never stops at any position of ignition or even disconnected battery.

I'm setting up DiCE ? VIDA now, but I NEED the car, dammit! Engine starts and runs fine, with no on-dash messages.

·
Registered
757 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well, DiCE thinks everything is OK. Going around with a stethoscope (plastic tube) it seems a ~little~ louder under the radio head. The radio is also hot. I've disconnected DiCE and turned the engine off, and the piezo alarm is still going.

I don't have any added electronics beyond a 5V power tap (also disconnected) in the front part of the car.

It is NOT the alarm - I excavated down to that, and there's no noise from that box.

Still going.

·
Registered
757 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Could it be the SRS module? I've excavated the center console cover, and the sound is slightly louder right around it. The battery has been disconnected for an hour, so I'll try disconnecting the module and see if the sound follows the module or if it remains in the car.

Nope. the sound remains in the car. The stethoscope seems to show that the sound is coming from the rear of the console

Ahh! I DID add electronics the front, a water alarm under the carpet! And it rained last night!

·
Registered
757 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It is VERY hard to think while an alarm is going off.... My wife's first reaction should have been a clue: "It rained last night."

1 - 4 of 4 Posts