SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have a 2016 XC90 that we have leased since June 2016 and are planning on buying it out when the lease is up in the next couple months. Looking for thoughts from folks here on best way to approach the dealer to get the best price. I don't have too much leverage as the buyout amount is lower than what the bluebook value (both KBB and NADA) is showing, but we have purchased 2 previous Volvo's from this dealer so hoping they are willing to work the price down a bit.

If they aren't willing to lower the buyout price, is there anything worth trying to work into the buyout (CPO, accessories, etc.)?

·
Registered
19 Posts
The exact Lease Buyout figure will be provided within your Lease paper work (as a percentage (residual) of MSRP + likely a purchase option fee). I agree with p07r0457 that there’s no reason to involve the dealership unless you have a reason to (i.e. help making financing arrangements or including additional products; extended warranty, maintenance, within the amount financed / payment).

·
Registered
2018 Volvo XC90 T6 R-Design with air suspension and B&W Sound system
647 Posts
Sounds like you are already ahead of the game if your buyout price is lower than market value... ;)

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sounds like you are already ahead of the game if your buyout price is lower than market value... ;)
Just means they miscalculated the residual value. What makes me believe that lease price is negotiable is that we bought our previous release straight from VCFS and our dealer told us we should have come and talked to them as they could have negotiated the price. I understand that VCFS owns the car, but I believe when you buy out a lease, the dealer essentially purchases the car from VCFS and than sells it to you. This leads me to believe that the price is negotiable.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts