SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Debating between getting a V90 or V90 CC and also whether to buy a lightly used '18, '19, '20 or '21 year model. I'm inda cheap, so i like the idea of paying $40-50k vs 55-60K+. Need advice about the model years, did anything significant change (for the better or worse) from one year to the next aside from styling (which isn't insignificant but is less significant than other major tweaks under the hood or in the safety features that might be less obvious, visually). Coming from an '07 Subaru Legacy Wagon. Thx

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, can I ask what about is it about the 2019 MY in particular or just generically some savings off new but not too many miles yet?[/QUOTE]

Coming from Subaru I would get the V90 CC T6 MY 2019 and with 19" wheels if you can.

2018 V90 CC T6 P*

·
Registered
552 Posts
2019 models got a much faster processor for the sensus, which is the brain that controls all user interface functions, so stick to those years.

Coming from a Subaru, you might want to consider the CC as it has much greater ground clearance than the regular model.

No changes on engines since 2017 introduction of the V90 CC, so nothing to worry about on the drive train, solid two engines.

Sent from my XZ2 Compact using Tapatalk

·
Registered
202 Posts
2019 models got a much faster processor for the sensus, which is the brain that controls all user interface functions, so stick to those years.

Coming from a Subaru, you might want to consider the CC as it has much greater ground clearance than the regular model.

No changes on engines since 2017 introduction of the V90 CC, so nothing to worry about on the drive train, solid two engines.

Correct

And 2021 is saving money generation IMO, they removed some features.

2018 V90 CC T6 P*

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Great, appreciate the input. To be clear my Subaru is the classic station wagon height - the Legacy instead of the Outback - so it's not raised up like a crossover.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Late year 2018s got the faster Sensus also. My 2018 V90 busting blue R design has it. So if you can find one it might be a little cheaper than a 2019. Since I have one I obviously prefer the non CC. To me it looks more sleek and sophisticated and they are more rare so that makes them more desirable (at least to me).

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Late year 2018s got the faster Sensus also. My 2018 V90 busting blue R design has it. So if you can find one it might be a little cheaper than a 2019. Since I have one I obviously prefer the non CC. To me it looks more sleek and sophisticated and they are more rare so that makes them more desirable (at least to me).
Yes, I built up a hard car crush on the non CC V90 lines .... I'm smitten

·
Registered
552 Posts
Agree with this as well. I would've preferred to get a non CC...but all I could afford 2 years ago was a used 2017 CC, granted, it was fully loaded

·
Registered
36 Posts
I agree 2019 is the ideal model year. The senses changes others have noted and also 2019 should allow the auto start-stop system to be turned off and remain off. Icing on the cake is 2-3 years old is in my eyes the sweetspot of price vs mileage/wear.

I suspect you'll see a lot of 2018 V90CC since there was significant US inventory (and deals) for that model year.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Agreed with 2018 vs 2019 comments.

This being said, I have a 2018 V90CC and Sensus is not THAT slow... I open driver door, get in, start the engine and switch driving mode to personal (where I disabled start stop plus few other customizations), put in R and the camera starts all just fine no lag, drive away happy. By following this routine for 3 years I never felt the slower Sensus that bad...

And these are all the differences between 2018 and 2019 with all software updates to day.

So: if you can save $$$ on a 2018 (yes, there should be more of them vs 2019), you should consider it.

I stand by this because I chose to buy out my 2018 lease instead of a new and costed out 2021.

Good luck!

2018 V90 CC T6 P*

·
Registered
6,914 Posts
MY2019 keeps your setting that disables start/stop after restart car, if you care about it.
My advice is not to disable it though. :)

But it all depends on what color/options you can find within a reasonable distance, and B&W is preferred. :)

·
Registered
379 Posts
I just stop the start/stop from acivating with subtle use of the brake pedal. It's very easy to stop the car without it activating (even when it's ready to do so) by just not fully stomping on the brake pedal. This for me makes the 2018 vs 2019 differences essentially non existant. And I agree that the difference in Sensus speed isn't that much. I've had 2017/2018 loaners and it's not that bad. I guess some people are more impatient than others.

Reactions: Rie_development

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks all, finding 2019's is very difficult in the V90 or V90 cc, but patience is a virtue so I'll keep an eye out. Any advice on re-sale sites other than the biggest online car sites?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Any advice on re-sale sites other than the biggest online car sites?
Check out Auto Tempest. This is probably filed under the "biggest online car sites" but at least it's one stop shopping since it hits all the major sites with one search. Here's a search for all V90s: Volvo V90 - AutoTempest.com

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
1 - 20 of 22 Posts