SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all.

After an exceptional OSD experience with my father for a 2013 XC70 back in August, I've decided to purchase an S60 R-Design. It's going to be my college graduation present to myself. I test drove it today and loved it.

I understand that Safe and Secure is being scaled back at the beginning of the year. Also, I've heard rumors of a 2014 S60 refresh. Lastly, if I purchase from dealer stock, I would be eligible for Volvo's $1,000 loyalty bonus.

The S60 I want:
Rebel Blue
Platinum
Climate
Summer Tires (free)

MSRP- $48,395
Invoice- $45,320
OSD Price- $46,840

Two options:
1. Order a MY2013 car for dealer delivery prior to Dec 31st so that Safe and Secure is intact. Price would be pretty much invoice minus loyalty so $44,320
2. Order a MY2014 car for OSD during the "Price Protection" time (get a 2014 at 2013 prices. Would take delivery around September time). Price would be $46,840 (add'l $2520 for OSD)

Opinions?

I guess what I'm dying to know is if there are going to be any significant changes for MY2014s. The P2 S60 was refreshed in its 5th model year....therefore doesn't 2014 sound a bit early?

Thanks!

·
Registered
3,788 Posts
I was told there will not be any changes to the 14's, the 15's are going to have a more aggressive shape. As for your price, the sticker on my '13 was 51k, I paid $43 with A plan pricing so you should look into that.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was told there will not be any changes to the 14's, the 15's are going to have a more aggressive shape. As for your price, the sticker on my '13 was 51k, I paid $43 with A plan pricing so you should look into that.
Thanks for the info

Is A Plan pricing for Volvo employees only? If not, is there anywhere I can find more info on it?

·
Registered
3,788 Posts
You have to pay to be a member of Volvo North America, once you do that you can access a PIN number then you give that to your sales person. However i just told them I had a pin but they never asked for.

·
Administrator
55,929 Posts
The upcoming changes maybe worth the wait but a T6 RD in Rebel Blue is tough to resist!

·
Administrator
55,929 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Registered
21,166 Posts
So the S60 will be refreshed for the 2014MY? (ie, I would be able to take OSD delivery in the summer of 2013?)
Most likely an early introduction MY2015. It will go the reverse of prior years updates..........so black side moldings will be added.

·
Registered
714 Posts
The updates occur for the 2014 model year and production of the 2014 models begin in May 2013.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
At the 2012 Paris Motor Show a Volvo exec DID mention something about 10 (yes ten) new products being unveiled by Volvo in 2013... There's a good chance that the S60 will get a facelift mid 2013 and perhaps add their new 4-cylinder engine range and finally add in the 8-speed from the XC60 Plug-In-Hybrid Concept. Suddenly I'm very excited and eager to see what Volvo's got in store for us next year! :D

·
Administrator
55,929 Posts
At the 2012 Paris Motor Show a Volvo exec DID mention something about 10 (yes ten) new products being unveiled by Volvo in 2013... There's a good chance that the S60 will get a facelift mid 2013 and perhaps add their new 4-cylinder engine range and finally add in the 8-speed from the XC60 Plug-In-Hybrid Concept. Suddenly I'm very excited and eager to see what Volvo's got in store for us next year! :D
Don't leave out the hope for paddles. :)

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
You have to pay to be a member of Volvo North America, once you do that you can access a PIN number then you give that to your sales person. However i just told them I had a pin but they never asked for.
I was looking at the VCOA site - so do all dealers recognize A-plan discount? or only specific participating dealers? for example - http://www.vcoa.org/club-overview/discounts/132 (are these the only dealers I would go to?)

·
Registered
4,185 Posts
I was looking at the VCOA site - so do all dealers recognize A-plan discount? or only specific participating dealers? for example - http://www.vcoa.org/club-overview/discounts/132 (are these the only dealers I would go to?)
I got the impression that dealers really didn't have much of a choice but to participate in A-plan (since it is a Volvo Corporate program) -- just like OSD. The club discount dealers is for general membership discount (10% off parts if you show your VCOA card).

A-plan is going to be better than OSD. Unless you're buying the most popular car, you can get a better deal (with decent negotiation skills) for a car on the dealer's lot than buying OSD.

OSD is really about the experience. If you subtract out the airline tickets and hotel and transfers, OSD may be cheaper overall -- but the $ you hand the dealer will be higher.

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
I got the impression that dealers really didn't have much of a choice but to participate in A-plan (since it is a Volvo Corporate program) -- just like OSD. The club discount dealers is for general membership discount (10% off parts if you show your VCOA card).

A-plan is going to be better than OSD. Unless you're buying the most popular car, you can get a better deal (with decent negotiation skills) for a car on the dealer's lot than buying OSD.

OSD is really about the experience. If you subtract out the airline tickets and hotel and transfers, OSD may be cheaper overall -- but the $ you hand the dealer will be higher.

Thanks for the info! Well, here goes my search for a 2013 XC60 RD :) - this forum really has been so helpful.

Thanks so much!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts