SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
What would you expect to pay for a yellow wagon that is in good shape and has been maintained well? Does it being yellow raise the price a little over others? I have learned a little more about the one in my area. Was setting up a appointment for my 06VR at a new shop and the owner and I got to talking about my car and then he mention's that he has a customer who owns a yellow wagon. I told him I see the car often on the road but never catch the guy anywhere to talk. He said it was in good condition and that the owner took car of it. I told him that I was interested in buying it if he was to sell it. He said the owner had mention selling it a couple times.:D It has over 200k on it though. I have though about selling my 97 850R and picking up the yellow wagon. He said that its never been in any accidents that he knows of. Maybe I will try to get some pics of it.

Anyone want my R? Its not perfect by far it has been my daily driver for the last five yeas and has over 200K.

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If it has a clean car fax and it in good condition, I would ask about $10,000 for it.
WOW 10K! I may just have to pick this one up.

·
Registered
63,542 Posts
Hmm
ONE person says he would ASK 10K and you go bonkers.
Yellow T5R wagons are worth a bit more than the other colors but it better have 50K original miles to sell for 10K!

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Hmm
ONE person says he would ASK 10K and you go bonkers.
Yellow T5R wagons are worth a bit more than the other colors but it better have 50K original miles to sell for 10K!
I'm not bonkers I know beter than to think it worth that with 200k on the dial.

·
Registered
63,542 Posts

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes I did write that.... I should have added this :rolleyes: to my post. I was not serious that I though it was worth that.

·
Registered
17,018 Posts
Depending on location I would buy it sigh unseen as long as I had some pics of it .

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Depending on location I would buy it sigh unseen as long as I had some pics of it .
I am going to take a closer look at it for sure. I have only seen it in passing so i can not say for sure the actual condition when comparing it to others. I will snap some pics of it if I can weather I buy it or not and let the owner know of SS if he already dosn't if he want to list it for sale.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Kicking tires. Usually ends with a sad story. If the body is in tack and it doesn't have a salvaged title, I would buy it for $4,500 and tow it home.

I was trying to get a yellow wagon that had either 198,000 or 205,000, can't remember which. The guy was asking $6,500 for it. I needed to sell my 960 to get it. When I called back the bids had climbed to about $8,400 and someone picked it up the next day for that price or $8.600, can't remember which. It had a dirty car fax, needed some cosmetics, and the normal maintenance items.

I also read about a guy that purchased a yellow sedan with 150k on it for about $10,200. Drove it to the dealer to have $4,500 worth of maintenance done on it. I think he got jacked but I'm telling you. The yellow wagon is worth more than $4.500 if it doesn't have a bad title.

Let me put your mind at rest, PM me the info on the car, how to reach the seller, and you won't have to worry about it any more. I'll find the $4,500 in about an hour.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Some guy found one in a garage covered. Needed a little body work and some other odds and ends. He purchased the car cheap, cleaned it up, then tossed it on eBay, full disclosure. The thing sold for $6,500... on eBay. This was last year sometime. There are less than 33 of them on the road here in the USA. I don't care how many miles it has on it, these motors are good for 500,000 if you take care of them.

I ran a compression test on mine about 35,000 ago (I now have 240,000) and all of my numbers were over 172. The range is 156 to 186. About 10,000 ago I sent an oil sample to Blackstone Labs and they told me to extend my oil change intervals to 8,000 and retest because my additives still had more than 50% life left after 5,200 miles. They claimed they have never seen a motor like mine with as many miles running so clean. No need to lie to you, I'll post the report.

Yes these P1's are dogs when it comes to repairs. Heck, they are 19 years old, something is always breaking. But if you can fix things yourself, you can keep it under $850 per year. I have put over 40,000 on mine so far this year. I've had it from NC to Phoenix to Salt Lake City to Cincinnati, to Mt. Rushmore, Vegas, Atlanta, etc. I have towed u-Haul trailers, burned rubber, hauled lumber, and tool boxes all day long. Today I was jetting around town just still amazed of the power this thing has. Heck, you know, you have a '97 R. I just see more value in a '95 T-5R. Maybe I'm crazy but I would be selling it for more.

Now the black '95 wagons are getting rare. My guess is that less than 45 exist. I wouldn't sell mine for less than 6k quick sale and would probably hold out for 8. But I'm not for sale.

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
Going to take a look at the wagon tomorrow. Will take some pic of it and post them up. I talk to the owner yesterday. Has good tires, brakes shock and the IPD exhaust, upper engine mount, and the IPD trans mount. It has aftermarket wheels. He said he has 5 of the original wheels but a few do have slight bends in them and need to be repaired. The sunroof does not work perfect from what he said. The AC does leak enough so that it has to be recharged every year. Said the front spoiler has a crack in it. Say the paint is in good condition except for the rear spoiler has some fading on it.

Told me the car was a Volvo rep car until 97 when the current owner bought it. He said it had like 85k on the clock when he got it. 85K seems very high for a rep car to me, I mean hell what did Volvo do drive it around the country numerous times? 40k a year seems like a traveling salesman's car that never stopped to make a sale. The car now sits with 257k on the clock.

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
So after looking today I am able to get it. Car does not have the Titan wheels, Not sure what happen with that. He showed me the wheels that came on it when he got they looked like the Aquila wheel to me.
Not to concerned about the wheels. The rear bumper does have a little damage from backing into something and the front spoiler does have a slight crack in it. Her are a few pictures of the car. Not the greatest pictures. Care does need to be buffed out. Sorry for the crappy pictures didn't pay attention to the light and the shade didn't help.

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
East cost. I am near Wash DC area. I may just put my volans on it. I need to give it a good cleaning first. Not sure what I am doing with my 850R yet.

·
Registered
63,542 Posts
Shame about the wheels and roof rails but she looks pretty straight
Some interior shots?
Good luck-have fun with it

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Shame about the wheels and roof rails but she looks pretty straight
Some interior shots?
Good luck-have fun with it
Thanks. What about the roof rails? Are they an add on? I will get some interior shots after I get it all cleaned up. That could be a week or two for me! It is pretty straight. A couple small dings and one little crease on the passenger side rear just above the rear bumper black from the tail light toward the gas fill door. Very hard to see it in the pic. Can probably be removed by Dent Dr.

·
Registered
3,788 Posts
East cost. I am near Wash DC area. I may just put my volans on it. I need to give it a good cleaning first. Not sure what I am doing with my 850R yet.
WHAT??? You're somewhat local?

Two things.... One, please please please please please offer that car to me if/when you go to sell it. That's my dream car. Second, are you ever at any of the meets?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.