SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all - I'm interested in a used XC90 and not sure if there's a consensus on which year is best. Is the moonroof leaking issue enough to write off the 2016? Android Auto is another area of concern I've read about with 2016; should it have been added to most 2016 models by now? I suppose if the previous owner was an iPhone user there wouldn't have been a reason for them to have a dealership add AA.

There's an abundant supply of 2016s while 2017s are a bit harder to find in my area, which makes sense given the time frame of things, but I'm trying to figure out if I should be patient and wait until I find a 2017 or if it's fine going with a 2016.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Also interested in whatever feedback people have about this

I'm in the market and 2016 prices are lot more attractive than 2017s. would be interested to know if the 2-3k difference is worth it.

Hi all - I'm interested in a used XC90 and not sure if there's a consensus on which year is best. Is the moonroof leaking issue enough to write off the 2016? Android Auto is another area of concern I've read about with 2016; should it have been added to most 2016 models by now? I suppose if the previous owner was an iPhone user there wouldn't have been a reason for them to have a dealership add AA.

There's an abundant supply of 2016s while 2017s are a bit harder to find in my area, which makes sense given the time frame of things, but I'm trying to figure out if I should be patient and wait until I find a 2017 or if it's fine going with a 2016.

·
Registered
169 Posts
I don’t think there is much difference between a 2016 versus a 2017 in terms of having carplay or android auto. However you may add both carplay and android auto to any 2016 or 2017 XC90. I just had my 2016 upgraded to the dual usb to include the android auto & carplay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
857 Posts
It's a no-brainer: get the 2017

Plenty of people happy with their 2016 but you're still rolling the dice. 2017 had all the important fixes straight from the factory. Double check that the spark plugs are ok in either case.

·
Registered
413 Posts
It's a no-brainer: get the 2017

Plenty of people happy with their 2016 but you're still rolling the dice. 2017 had all the important fixes straight from the factory. Double check that the spark plugs are ok in either case.
And every 2016 out there 'should' have had all those fixes done already

·
Registered
1,644 Posts

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
I would under no circumstances buy a 2016.

·
Registered
252 Posts
And I'd have no problem buying another 2016
Me too. The only thing I missed though is that 2016 has 3G modem and 2017 has 4G modem but unless you are getting a dedicated sim card for the car, it doesn't make a huge difference. I am using my phone as hotspot for car and I am fine with it.

Don't forget to get a VIP protection plan and you should be good. Someone here might say its a waste of money and you should invest it and get the returns and everything but that money should will give you peace of mind for another 1-6 years

·
Registered
174 Posts
2016MY has direct TPMS whereas if I recall correctly, all subsequent MYs have indirect ones. But I figure the MY16 have other more serious issues to offset this singular advantage if you would think so. :)

·
Registered
413 Posts
2016MY has direct TPMS whereas if I recall correctly, all subsequent MYs have indirect ones. But I figure the MY16 have other more serious issues to offset this singular advantage if you would think so. :)
Name all those serious issues, that would not have been fixed at the dealer by now!

·
Registered
6,915 Posts
Name all those serious issues, that would not have been fixed at the dealer by now!
Make sure spark plugs have been replaced by new parts. It could be ignored.

Sent from my Z978 using Tapatalk

1 - 12 of 12 Posts