SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok folks, long time Volvo fans here. First one was a 98 V70 and currently have a 2003 xc70.

My MIL hasn't driven in years and my FIL is facing that terrible scenario where he is going to have to give up his driving license. They have two cars and I'm hopeful that we will be able to buy off them a 2001 S80 that has lived a sheltered life with around 30,000 on the Odometer and having been garaged in air conditioned and heated comfort.

If we do get it, thinking about the things I should take a good look at to make sure its good. I drive 30k a year so it would be going from a relative slumber to a major work out.

Appreciate your advice. Also looking for a trusted shop in Greenville SC that I can take it to.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Oh great. My FIL goes out.....in the S80. Coming back he misses his driveway, misses the neighbors driveway, drives up over the curb and down the neighbor's yard until he gets to a brick wall.....

The curb is at least six inches there.......

Urgently need advice on trustworthy garage in Greenville SC.

·
Registered
4 Posts
wow good luck on that one.

regarding maintenance, the throttle body will go out (pre 2002 are bad, Magneti Marelli junk) so take that into account.
regarding the sitting still, just do the regular maintenance (plugs, oil etc).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts