SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I feel like a kid after just getting off the phone with the dealer.
It is an 04 SR with 128k miles. MT, Black Sapphire Ext. What ever the Beige interior is... Gobi ?
Only thing it doesn't have that I want is Heated Seats. But i'm not too broken up about that.
It does have aftermarket rims but They look alright.
CEL is on.
They are sending me an email with the information. Also something about the parking brake doesn't work. Not too worried about either issues. My best friend is a certified Master Volvo tech. Sorry for the probably pointless post but I am excited. I have been looking at flying from one end of the country to the other. Luckily this one is only a few hours drive from the house.
I will post some pictures once I have seen the car in person.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
3,157 Posts
Have you had the dealer pull the codes to verify what is causing the CEL? I would never consider buying an R with an unknown CEL.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes, it was a gas cap issue.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
2004 S60R 6M - 2006 V70R 6M - 2014 XC60 R-Design OSD - 2015.5 XC70 T6 Platinum
1,802 Posts
I don't know what your budget is, but there are 10 S60R on AutoTrader within 300 miles of Madison. Two are 6MT; the others are GT.

If your friend is available, take him with you. He can help identify potential problems that might be more of a hassle to deal with and fix than the car is worth. Our caRs are high maintenance and have a list of known problems that will occur at some time. You want a caR that is sorted out and has had all problems fixed.

Your friend can help you keep your feet on the ground and your head on hour shoulders while you search for your perfect caR. Good look.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks, actually it is an EVAP leak issue code P0456. My friend is not concerned. I already got the carfax and autocheck. Both are solid. Now here is hoping my wife wont be pissed im gone for 14 hrs on tuesday. It is only a tuesday :)

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ugh, now im actually considering a different one that's a few hours closer. Only 5k miles in difference from the first. Same color and interior. Differences; new one im looking at is a GT with heated seats. The other one is a MT without heated seats. GT is 1300$ cheaper. Wife would have to learn how to drive the manual. Also the MT is at a dealer so I can trade in current car for it. New one is an individual and I would be stuck trying to sell my rwd tracker in wisconsin in the wintertime. Or 3rd option, I keep waiting for the "perfect" sr to pop up for sale. This sucks

·
Registered
3,319 Posts
strikeout,

I think your third point makes the most sense - actually buy what you want instead of settling. Heated seats is a no biggie to you but you're happier if you had it, MT is good for you but wife needs to learn, GT good for you and wife but will you be happy/satisfied? Miles, record history, etc are also important factors in deciding in a used car.

GL man, but I would buy the model/options that I want/need. When buying my car, the only thing I compromised on what I wanted was at the time I wanted an SR with factory navigation; I am not happy or happy about my car not having factory nav, turns out after using one first hand its kind of a pain in the ass and not very detailed, my aftermarket radio with built in GPS is far better and I'm much happier in the end - I think if you get wait and look and get the car you really want you'll be much happier in the end.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well tomorrow I am driving to pick up my 04 s60 r. Pretty excited. Ill post pics after I buy it.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Sweet. I'll let you know if I can get free to meet up once im back.

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Good luck with the new ride!

I have to totally agree with the assessment put down earlier by tuscani66. It is all a balance and tradeoffs.

I found a bunch of R's before I found mine (well ours...) the ONLY thing I would (sometimes) wish for is a MT instead of the GT... but it made wifey happy, so even better... as I am fond of saying, if Mama's happy, EVERYBODY'S Happy!

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

Couldnt remember if I ever posted a pic of my caR. Anyways its an 04 SR MT black sapphire/gobi. Stupid cheap aftermarket 17" instead of the 18" pegs that came with it. Getting winter rubber put on those and will get summer tires and Pegs by spring. Anyways I paid 6000$ after my 2k trade in.
Sport body kit minus the front winglets(the bumper hits coming out of my driveway as it is so not going to put them on. Need to get the front bumper touched up paint wise as well as 3 small rock chips on other areas.
My best friend was a 10yr volvo cert master mechanic with his own indy shop in Madison, WI.
As far as the turn radius. I spent the last 14 years driving a fullsize Ford E-250 van so its fine for me. I also didn't drive a mt car for atleast 11 years so still getting used to the power this car has.
I dont have intentions on doing anything drastic to this car from a performance standpoint. I am a 34 yr old husband and father of two. My 2 and a half yr old son calls it a jet engine car. My daughter who is 11 asked if she can drive it when she gets her drivers license. Hahahahahahahahahahahaha. I wont even let the wife drive it. She doesnt "wreck" cars as much as gets dents and dings in the craziest places.

Quick question for the forum. Does anyone know what os causong wind noise right by my ear on the drivers door. The windows are double pane security and I dont see any tears or worn spots in any of the weatherstripping. Drives me nuts. Oh well the radio is loud. Haha my mechanic buddy rolled his eyes when I said that.

Well I enjoy reading all the posts on here, and you guys seem pretty welcoming provided newbies post pics to prove its not a camRy :)
Thanks for your time.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts