SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
That is my dilemma....<p>Arms w/ Bushings ( at least they appear to have bushings in them ) are 85 bucks per side on FCP groton<p>Bushings are 18 and change and 15 and change so figure 19x 2 and 15 x 2<p>Arms: $170<br>Bushings $68<p>The determining factor will be what a shop will charge to press the 4 old bushings out and the 4 new ones in.<p>Any opinions?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: Buy control arm bushings or buy control arms w/ bushings already in them? (CoconutPete)

Anybody? Bueller.... Bueller?<p>Has anyone replaced CA's?

·
Registered
2,486 Posts
Re: Buy control arm bushings or buy control arms w/ bushings already in them? (CoconutPete)

See <A HREF="http://turbobil.com/SMF/index.php/topic,31.0.html" TARGET="_blank">http://turbobil.com/SMF/index.php/topic,31.0.html</A> <p>Changing the arms is much easier than the bushings. But the bushings that come with the cheap arms from FCP Groton don't last that long. I'd either buy OEM control arms or OEM bushings and have someone press them in. It's about a wash cost wise though depending on the shop.

·
Registered
63,543 Posts

You really need to use <B>OEM Volvocontrol arms</B> but they cost over 125 per side<br>Groton's (bushings) are crap

·
Registered
16,942 Posts
Re: Buy control arm bushings or buy control arms w/ bushings already in them? (JRL)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD><i>Quote, originally posted by <b>JRL</b> »</i></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">You really need to use <B>OEM Volvocontrol arms</B> but they cost over 125 per side<br>Groton's (bushings) are crap</TD></TR></TABLE><p>+1milllllion <p>There is no savings in getting the bushings and keeping the arms since you have to pay some one to press out and press in new bushings . <p>I did it and total waste of time and money .

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: Buy control arm bushings or buy control arms w/ bushings already in them? (Chilled Man)

No love for the fcp groton bushings? Hm - I'm glad I checked.<p>Dealer-only for the control arms w/ bushings? Or is there another place to buy?

·
Registered
16,942 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD><i>Quote, originally posted by <b>CoconutPete</b> »</i></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">No love for the fcp groton bushings? Hm - I'm glad I checked.<p>Dealer-only for the control arms w/ bushings? Or is there another place to buy?</TD></TR></TABLE><p>you can buy new bushings from powerflex but they will be a good bit stiffer

·
Registered
19 Posts
Re: Buy control arm bushings or buy control arms w/ bushings already in them? (Chilled Man)

How about those powerflex bushings? Has anyone used them? I only see the front front control arm bushings offered. Does anyone offer urethane for the P2 rear front and rear control arms? Because I could see making it worth my time to press in urethane, assuming they will last longer. <p>Best (non-dealer) source for OEM Volvo arms?

·
Registered
2,486 Posts

I bought a set of OEM control arms from myswedishparts.com, the price was pretty good but that was a while ago. That's a Volvo dealer, but sells parts at discount on-line.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Re: Buy control arm bushings or buy control arms w/ bushings already in them? (Mika)

I'm going to go OEM with this one. I've used Powerflex ones in my E46 before and loved them but this car needs to not be as harsh.<p>funny... I was just poking around on that website about 20 mintues ago. I will probably give them a shot, prices are still ok. Thanks.<p>

1 - 10 of 10 Posts