SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all pretty new on here. Had my 2005 S40 2.0d s for a while now and nit done much to it. Had it remaped to 178bhp and 278 ft/lb torque a while ago. Having a car day today. Got to fit a new rear hub and then fitting coilovers. Ordered a new biger intercooler too and an uprated turbo in preperation for a live map in 3 weeks. Also putting 17" S60-R wheels on.

Adam B-)

·
Registered
658 Posts
Adam, I'd love to see as many pics of the D version as you could post.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Welll this is what it looked like this morning
And after some hard work with some mates....

It looked like this:

Really happy with he way it looks and he handling, ride is surprisingly comfy! I wqs shocked that therr were NO rusty or seized bolts at all.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
244 Posts
Looks awesome! I recently just put konis on my 2.4i. What struts are you using? Glad to see another low s40!

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Its on Pro Sport coilovers.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
finally sorted wheels. ! :D driving 4 hours to get them tomorrow !

pegasus 18" rims off a V70-R £400 with 4 avon tyres. should be good

·
Registered
3,256 Posts
sweet! pix when they are on!

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
just hoping they fit ok . my mates assure me they will be fine. i know there the right fitting . but as far as tyre size goes.. my current ones are 205/50/17's and the new ones are 225/40/18. assuming itll all fit ok :p haha

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Dang it they should have brought diesels over here... that horsepower to torque ratio is awesome.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
my volvo is getting to much attention lately and to much money spent on it :p but never mind

I just ordered a GROM MOST aux input for £109.99 off ebay from a proper shop ( they sell if for £199 in there shop :/ ) anyway ive ordered that and it will arrive Saturday
ANNNND
my intercooler kit arrived today :

going to get the old one off on Saturday morning and try and get a bit of hard pipe made up to take the MAP sensor the same day. if not ill mock up the pipework for the MAP and get the pipe done during the week and fit it then :)

cars getting there slowly. callipers have been painted and the Volvo stickers have arrived so will be stuck on and laquered over this weekend .
also ordered the uprated turbo. but not sure on when its going to be fitted ( as the live map is £700 ish ) :/

·
Registered
1,330 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
lmfao. exhaust is a stock stealth pipe at the mo. so nothing sticking out the back. and it doesnt really smoke to be honest. i think the PFF ( particulate fuel filter ) stops that :p

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Undecided what to do about the intercooler. Got all the bumper off and intefcooler off. And it is actually longer than the new one by about 3-4" but 2 complete rows shorter. So ive put all the stock stuff back on ( relocated the horns whilst i was at it) and cant decide wether to keep the stock one or fit the new One. Will i see any gains with the new one. Its about 1 " thicker and has larger pipework ( hard pipes with silocone joints)

Keep it or send it back and spend the money on something else?

Sent from my Samsung S3 using Tapatalk

1 - 18 of 18 Posts