SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi all,
having managed to badly scratch the upper corner of the bumper while loading luggage in my brand new XC90 :( I went looking for some protective measure.

I've found out that volvo offer this: http://accessories.volvocars.com/en-my/XC90(16-)/Accessories/Document/VCC-482334/2016

I've installed it and I'm quite happy both with the functionality and look and I can recommend it to all. A pity I didn't discover it before scratching my bumper...

cheers massimo

·
Registered
148 Posts
chmax, would you mind sharing a photo of the protector? I'm curious how it looks when the door is closed and from further away.

I also ordered that but the only picture I've seen is on the accessories site and it's too close to get a feel for how it changes the look of the back of he car.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi jgoodnoe, sure! I'll take a pic over the WE and share it here. It really doesn't change the look (IMHO) as the chrome of the exhausts and other pieces below make this protector sort of disappear. Stay tuned ...

·
Registered
381 Posts
I scratched the top of the bumper on our former SUV (Honda Pilot) so I ordered one of these with our car. I saw it when we picked it up via OSD and glad we got it. It looks very good.

·
Registered
215 Posts
I looked at this, but I thought the area was so small. I guess if I get a scratch then I will put it on. I also wasn't sure that it would cover enough area. I believe it is only a 1.5-2 inch area max. The Xpel is also a great idea.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
39,289 Posts
Looks good - on my shopping list when my car arrives!

Ps: nothing worst than that first scratch! :-(
Add it at the port; speak with your retailer and they will add it so it gets installed before it leaves port.

·
Registered
422 Posts
This picture is from a showroom car. I am still trying to decide if I should get one for an onyx black inscription.

·
Registered
101 Posts
may I ask how much does it cost? My dealer offers 15% off on all Volvo accessories, and Volvo has another 15% cash back on top of this, kinda no brainier to get these things. I got my mud flap, floor liners and cargo liners for $400 out of door, before I file for 15% cash back from Volvo, then I realize I may also need this bumper cover as well.

·
Super Moderator
39,289 Posts
$120, installed at the Port. May be more, at the retailer.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts