SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody have a diagram on how to take the bumper cover off the car? What's the best way to open up your headlight casing and take the glass off? Also, what is best for resealing the glass afterward? Thanks guys, any info is great.

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
Does anybody have a diagram on how to take the bumper cover off the car? What's the best way to open up your headlight casing and take the glass off? Also, what is best for resealing the glass afterward? Thanks guys, any info is great.
Bumper should be similar across the board. Remove the black (or maybe painted?) trim and remove bolts, then there's a bolt in the wheel well I believe. I've done it before but it's more of a muscle memory thing.

And resealing the glass I'd check NJGreenBudd's thread. He replaced the glass on his headlight pretty early in his thread.

·
Registered
877 Posts
I am going to make a video of this and put it on youtube while I am on winter break I've done it a million times and it seems to be a common question that alot of people ask, plus it'll give me an excuse to do the euro headlight mod. Plus a video allows much easier explaining to both the person asking and person explaining.

In the mean time hopefully this thread will help http://volvospeed.com/vs_forum/topic/73809-s60-headlamp-removal/ like the op on that thread said remove the whole bumper cover it will make your life a lot easier.

To remove the headlight lens glass i took a mini pry bar and a heat gun and worked my way around the headlight (much easier if you have 2 people pulling which is what i had.)

·
Registered
877 Posts
Bumper should be similar across the board. Remove the black (or maybe painted?) trim and remove bolts, then there's a t25 torx screw in the wheel well. I've done it before but it's more of a muscle memory thing.

And resealing the glass I'd check NJGreenBudd's thread. He replaced the glass on his headlight pretty early in his thread.
Also just to add on to this dont forget about the push in clips on the top of the bumper when you open up the hood.

·
Registered
877 Posts
The reason why I ask is because '05+ headlights cannot be separated as easily as the glass housings on '04 and under.
Well hes got the est projectors to my knowledge according to the est projector sale thread and he is trying to paint the bezels with a high temp paint that withstands the heat.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
What year is your vehicle to start off?
Why doesn't everyone include the Year, model and sub model information in the signature?
It should be manditory - then we could all avoid the above question.

·
Registered
877 Posts
Why doesn't everyone include the Year, model and sub model information in the signature?
It should be manditory - then we could all avoid the above question.
I agree. However then you also run into the issue of well what if the person fitted 05+ headlights, that can relate to other mods as well. Thats why I've tried including mods that i have done that way people don't have to ask. However some might think my signature is too much.

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It's an 01 but i'm using the EST headlights. Need to repaint, would be a nice simple project when I get some spare time

1 - 11 of 11 Posts