SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The plastic part of the rear Bumper got something on it, like little red/orange dots of some kind after driving in the rain. Car hand Wash didn't get rid of all of it, but did help somewhat. Has anyone found a good cleaner to use on this part of the bumper, and is also the same material that goes around the bottom of doors as well -that works really good and cleaning without causing streaks or discoloration? Bug/Tar cleaner?
I tried to search this forum, but couldn't find anything.
Thanks

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
I used Turtle Wax Bug and Tar remover on a lot of road tar off all the black plastic cladding.. no after use discoloration for me.

·
Registered
4 Posts
The plastic part of the rear Bumper got something on it, like little red/orange dots of some kind after driving in the rain. Car hand Wash didn't get rid of all of it, but did help somewhat. Has anyone found a good cleaner to use on this part of the bumper, and is also the same material that goes around the bottom of doors as well -that works really good and cleaning without causing streaks or discoloration? Bug/Tar cleaner?
I tried to search this forum, but couldn't find anything.
Thanks
Just use your everyday toothpaste + a microfabric cloth and wipe the dots off.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just use your everyday toothpaste + a microfabric cloth and wipe the dots off.
Thanks, I just got some Turtle Wax Bug/Tar remover. If that doesn't work, I'll try the toothpaste... I think the TW will work though.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts