SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any ideas on how to align my front bumper and fender better than this?

·
Registered
63,543 Posts
It's hard to explain
Behind that are some "clips" That seems to be off the clips but you may have something else going on as if it was off the clips it should bow out farther.
It has to be removed from the wheel well, pulled forward, sort of tweaked back and snapped over the clips.

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
is it on the thing that slides the bumper forward and backward? The one with the "one" torx screw? I just changed the bulbs on my fogs and i just can't seem to realign my bumper to the fender in a "flush" manner... is there anyway to replace the bracket that slides back and forth?

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
So, I've fought this issue for several years and here's my thoughts.

There are three parts in play here, the fender support, a bumper support, and a bumper. They form a sandwich, the fender, the bumper supports screws into it, the bumper slides onto the bumper support and is secured with the torx-screw tightener on the inside of the wheel well.

First off, make sure when you put the bumper back onto the bumper support you slid the top lip of the bumper into the u-shaped grove on the bumper support. Only the last 2" or so of the bumper really matters but you should be doubly careful that it's in the groove properly. I've tried snapping it into the groove instead of sliding it in, but that stresses the channel and it'll eventually crack. If that happens you're in trouble because the alignment will be out for good. Luckily the support bracket is only like $25 so if yours is cracked like mine you can just replace it.

However, I was never happy with the non-flush alignment of the bumper, even from the factory. So, the last time I had the bumper off I remove the bumper support bracket and modified the screw mounts so I could mount it a quarter inch higher. It wasn't easy, especially the middle "sunken" screw hole, but it sits much higher now, so I recommend it.

Next, put your leg firmly onto the bumper when you tighten down the torx-driven sliding bracket so your leg holds the tension and the slider can just lock it in, instead of using the slider to hold the tension.

Finally, I ended up cutting a few holes in the bumper channel that's covered by the trim molding and using those holes to affix a few zip ties to holes in the bracket (Dremel'd) to really hold the bumper in flush to the bracket. With the trim cover in place you'd never know.

Good luck! Mounting the bumper is easiest with 2 or 3 people but I do it solo with success all the time.

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah i might have to buy a new bracket...i bent it a little when i tried to remove the bumper. i searched online but to no avail, might have to give the dealer a call

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
Just bought and replaced both mounting brackets on my car. Got them from tascaparts.com. Parts were around $19 a side.

·
Registered
2,633 Posts
Just bought and replaced both mounting brackets on my car. Got them from tascaparts.com. Parts were around $19 a side.
Have a part number? One of mine was destroyed and the other is just barely hanging on.

·
Registered
11,944 Posts
Any ideas on how to align my front bumper and fender better than this?
Lots of good info from others but honestly this looks pretty normal. Look at the curved section of the bumper and fender - they make a near perfect curve. You might be able to get the gap slightly smaller but if you make it a lot smaller somehow then the curved area probably wont line up very well.

·
Registered
5,397 Posts
I believe the correct part you are looking for is number 6:

Mount bracket 2004-07 W/S60R Left

MSRP Core ? Online Price
$25.94 $0.00 $19.24

Mount bracket 2004-07 W/S60R Right

MSRP Core ? Online Price
$26.28 $0.00 $18.58

Click ME

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thanks for all the helps guys, i really appreciate it! hopefully this helps others out as well

·
Premium Member
10,799 Posts
Even on those plastic pieces...I would think you could dremel out a notch on the bolt holes inorder to move the plastic piece up a smidgen to make the numer closer up.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.