SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had a head light bulb turn pink on me today and then a bulb failure warning. It's try's to flicker on a couple of times when starting but then goes out completely. Is this likely just the bulb gone or could it be the ballast too? I've ordered some new bulbs, only £15 a pair delivered which I was surprised at.

·
Registered
897 Posts
If it changed color on you, I'd guess just the bulb.

·
Registered
8,061 Posts
If it changed color on you, I'd guess just the bulb.
+1, color change is a big sign the bulb is going bad.

Plasmas are so common now their costs are coming way down compared to back in the day.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Bulb looks easy enough to get at and remove, it is just remove the negative on the battery and give it 10 mins with hid bulbs? Don't fancy 20000volts through me

·
Registered
3,389 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I had the garage change them for me in the end as it was always raining when I got chance to change them. Both bulbs are facing the same way but the drivers side has a much more defined edge to it and the passenger side seems to have the main point of light aiming up to the left into the hedges. The filament tube on the outside of the bulb is aiming more towards 5 o clock than dead on 6 o clock. Do they need moving round in the holder to get them pointing exactly down? They face down though if I turn the bulb holder to unlock. The beam pattern on the drivers side was good on the light meter for the MOT at the garage but the passenger side was a bit distorted but passable for an MOT. also if both bulbs are facing the same direction what could cause the different patterns?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts