SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got this message after washing the XC90 yesterday. The bulb that had blown is the one in the rear bumper on the passenger side. The bulb is a W5W which you can get a package of 2 for $2.87 from Advance Auto. Packaged as Sylvania 2825. I was surprised that you could remove the housing so easily. I popped it out with my finger. No screwdriver required. FYI

·
Registered
1 Posts
Re: Bulb Failure Position Light (dachshund2)

This messasge suddenly appeared when starting my vehicle over the weekend. Thanks to a posting on this web site, I was able to resolve the probem without contacting the dealer. <p>I turned my vehicle lights on in the garage with all garage doors closed to better inspect each of the lights that could potentially lead to the appearance of this fault code. I discovered that the upper driver's side tail light was not illuminated. Per the suggestion posted, I slammed the trunk lid while looking through the rear window at the fault display on the dash. Nothing. Following through with the next suggestion, I gently hit the tail light cover with the heel of my hand and - voila! - the light returned to life and the failure code disappeared.

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: Bulb Failure Position Light (dachshund2)

Blew the driver side rear position bulb today and replaced it with a W5W. Just wanted to reiterate how easy this bulb is to replace for those that have yet to see this message.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts