SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,416 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,

Driving last night I noticed the above mentioned message randomly appearing on the infp display every min or so. I drove the car about 40 min, then car was sitting for 30 min or so.. Then I drove back. the light (on the dash) or warning never came back...

what was it??

·
Registered
5,846 Posts
One of the rear bulbs. Sometimes they just need to be reseated and the issue goes away. I just carry a spare bulb and if it comes back, swap it out.

·
Registered
3,313 Posts
One of the rear bulbs. Sometimes they just need to be reseated and the issue goes away. I just carry a spare bulb and if it comes back, swap it out.
.......^this.

However, I had the same issue a few times and I walked to the rear and saw one of the position lights out, so I hit the tail light a few times with my hand and it pops on - even though after checking the bulb and the filament still looks good, it sometimes intermittent.

·
Registered
3,416 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok. will take a look. Perhaps use some bulb grease too.

Thanks!!

·
Registered
5,846 Posts
I think it's the filament more than the contacts.

·
Registered
348 Posts
had the same problem a couple weeks ago. check your bulb.

·
Registered
604 Posts
I had the same thing happen...the message will come back.

It is one of the position bulbs in the rear (the ones that are always on, not the brake lights)...if you look in the daytime, you may have to get really close to see which one is out.

On the V70R it is a little tricky, so just be patient putting it all back together.

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Hi there,

Driving last night I noticed the above mentioned message randomly appearing on the infp display every min or so. I drove the car about 40 min, then car was sitting for 30 min or so.. Then I drove back. the light (on the dash) or warning never came back...

what was it??
These bulbs burn out very frequently. Yes you can hit the light assembly slightly and the light will come back on, but its the sign of dying bulb, always have one handy. I find it embarrassing driving around with non-functioning lights.

·
Registered
3,416 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
These bulbs burn out very frequently. Yes you can hit the light assembly slightly and the light will come back on, but its the sign of dying bulb, always have one handy. I find it embarrassing driving around with non-functioning lights.
This is a first time since '06, so it's not bad lifespan I guess. I prob gonna buy a set and replace all of them at once..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts