SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally installed yesterday the european assemblies that I got in late 2007....<br>While at it, replaced the headlight wiper motors too (that were not working since late 2007 too...)<p>Long story short.<br>Got these lights via ebay from a guy in the uk.<br>One lense was shattered in shipping and it took me a while to find an e-code replacement lense.<br>Finally got the lense and an adjustment motor late last year.<br>Started the project at the end of may during my free time.<br>To protect this investment and hard work, got some Xpel installed.<p>Now I get a "bulb failure position light" message. <br>* The front marker light on the driver side is not working properly. Only flashes when turning.<br>* I tested the signal sockets. The difference between the ecode and american lights is that the american socket has 3 pins and the ecode has only two.<br>On the passenger side, I have current as expected. On the driver side, one pin is not powered. The driver side socket was kind of finicky so I'll get a new one just in case (part 8662985).<br>* I also noticed that there is also a small T10 light in the headlight (beside the H7 bulb) that is not working on the driver side. The same T10 light is working on the passenger side.<br>Could they be related?<br>I'll have to research this one further...<p>If you can shere some "light" on the last point, it would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
63,543 Posts
Re: Bulb Failure - Position Light - E-code Assemblies in North American 2001 V70 (harleyvh)

The small light is a city light you need to tie that in to the parking lights.<br>Why one works is puzzling, it shouldn't.<br>They work on position 2

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Got one bug fixed.<br>Number 30 fuse was blown. Replaced it and got blown right away.<br>Went to dealership to get a turn signal light socket,<br>replace the socket, fuse and lights are running ok now.<br>no more short circuit.<p>Now got to figure out how to power the headlight adjustment motors.<p>baby steos... baby steps.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Installed 35W/5000K HID over the weekend.<br>Had to pull the bumper cover fir the passenger assembly. Driver side was a breeze.<br>These are really bright.<br>Adjusted the e-codes with a 3" additional drop at 25' (than stad ecode 3" drop).<p>Receiving random "bulb failure" and monitoring this behavior.<br>Seems that going to a 55W kit would resolve this issue however it might becore too bright.<p>For sure, having functional adjustment motor would help... <br>still investigating

1 - 4 of 4 Posts