SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone seen this? I have replaced the bulb, tested several others to no avail. I have researched online but have yet to find a solution. I thought it might be a fuse, but again, have not found anything. It is ONLY affecting the driver's side (left for me), front parking light.
Any ideas? What other info do you need?

Thanks.

Tony

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Has anyone seen this? I have replaced the bulb, tested several others to no avail. I have researched online but have yet to find a solution. I thought it might be a fuse, but again, have not found anything. It is ONLY affecting the driver's side (left for me), front parking light.
Any ideas? What other info do you need?

Thanks.

Tony
So I swapped the whole right and left bulb housing temporarily. The right parking light worked fine on the left (driver's side). The problem child, the left parking light, did not work on the right so the issue seems to be localized to the left bulb housing. Maybe the bulb harness has gone bad? Anyone ever seen this particular issue?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Replaced all of the wiring in the housing. Parking bulb still will not work. Any ideas?
Thanks.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Have you check for continuity in the wiring within the housing? If you can manage to squeeze in there, attempt to check the wiring leading to the bulb for power while the headlight assembly in plugged in with a multi meter. Otherwise, when you replaced the wiring, did you also replace the bulb socket? If not, check the bulb socket itself for corrosion. Also check every other bulb in the housing and just ensure that they are working. One bulb being out can affect others on some cars. Volvo does seem to sell the entire wiring harness for the housing as well if needed. It appears to be part number 30763980. Worst case scenario, you could find a housing from a salvage vehicle and go that route.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Have you check for continuity in the wiring within the housing? If you can manage to squeeze in there, attempt to check the wiring leading to the bulb for power while the headlight assembly in plugged in with a multi meter. Otherwise, when you replaced the wiring, did you also replace the bulb socket? If not, check the bulb socket itself for corrosion. Also check every other bulb in the housing and just ensure that they are working. One bulb being out can affect others on some cars. Volvo does seem to sell the entire wiring harness for the housing as well if needed. It appears to be part number 30763980. Worst case scenario, you could find a housing from a salvage vehicle and go that route.

Thanks for your reply. I did replace the sockets too, but to your second point, that ended up being the solution. Oddly, every bulb was working and functional when used in the right bulb housing. I read in another forum thread to simply replace all bulbs of that type in BOTH lights. So I replaced all of the 2825s and everything is now working.

Thanks, again.

Tony

·
Registered
9 Posts
2009 xc70 Passenger headlight wiring completely bad & shorting out

Hi There
So I found a wiring harness for the lens & trying to figure out how to install it. Any help is greatly appreciated.
Do I take off the lens cover by heating in oven to get to wires? Cant seem to be able to move more then a couple of millimeters the main connector which is square. No room on inside of assembly to push it in. It does look like it has some little "ears" on two sides & I can move connector a wee bit but cant really get it to budge in any direction.

It sort of looks like if I could open up headlight it might be possible to move & reassemble with new harness sort of easy, then reglueing on headlight lens & calling it a day.

ANY HELP HERE PLEASE?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts