SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Next, i gotta take apart my oil pan, clean out the drain, reseal. Add diesel oil cooler with that, and build entirely new PCV system with multiple drains, added a 12an in the oil pan.

gotta get the fuel rail cleaned and the failed paint off, and remake new 2.5" charge pipes to go with the k26/71

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Nice job! Haven't seen anyone take that route with the OTE pipe, guess you don't really have space for oem routing with that [email protected] plenum.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Very cool.
I'm liking the idea of a water to air intercooler, but with no fabrication skills it will be a kit or some assorted bits to make a kit, air to air just seems too bulky plus I always worry about how much extra volume of air has to be compressed when you come on boost.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Looks like you've got skills!!!
thank you kindly

Nice job! Haven't seen anyone take that route with the OTE pipe, guess you don't really have space for oem routing with that [email protected] plenum.
Ill try and find some space to go the other way. looking unlikely.

Very cool.
I'm liking the idea of a water to air intercooler, but with no fabrication skills it will be a kit or some assorted bits to make a kit, air to air just seems too bulky plus I always worry about how much extra volume of air has to be compressed when you come on boost.
It's a non issue. spools just as fast. Water to air setups are best for the strip or the track, as you can ice down a water tank for below ambient air temps for a few passes or so.

·
Registered
3,462 Posts
Great job cant wait to see more. You have mad skills as they say lol.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Awesome, great job. Welding, specifically aluminum, is something I want to learn. I've been cutting metal to shape and taking it to the shop after prep'ing and cleaning to be welded. Your work is inspiring.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9,226 Posts
:thumbup::thumbup: definitely top-notch,.... little bit to over-complicated designed wise in every aspect... your goal should always be to make things HD and better than OEM which you did, but in mind it being simpler and easier to access than oem stuff as well.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Great job cant wait to see more. You have mad skills as they say lol.
I have looked through your thread and saw some goals to aspire to, perhaps one may a bit of friendly competition! thank you for your complements.

Awesome, great job. Welding, specifically aluminum, is something I want to learn. I've been cutting metal to shape and taking it to the shop after prep'ing and cleaning to be welded. Your work is inspiring.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
Thank you kindly. if you have any welding questions or anything I can assist with, feel free to ask.

:thumbup::thumbup: definitely top-notch,.... little bit to over-complicated designed wise in every aspect... your goal should always be to make things HD and better than OEM which you did, but in mind it being simpler and easier to access than oem stuff as well.
thank you for the props. while i appreciate your viewpoint, that I can say with certainty is not the direction for this build. I also would have to argue with you on some of those points, under the intake manifold is easy to service for things that like to come undone, under there. having intercooler pipes with LPS couplers makes things very serviceable. With that being said, it's not terribly important for me to consider, as I have an open test-bed that I constantly change and improve. thus, things are always in flux.

·
Registered
9,226 Posts
thank you for the props. while i appreciate your viewpoint, that I can say with certainty is not the direction for this build. I also would have to argue with you on some of those points, under the intake manifold is easy to service for things that like to come undone, under there. having intercooler pipes with LPS couplers makes things very serviceable. With that being said, it's not terribly important for me to consider, as I have an open test-bed that I constantly change and improve. thus, things are always in flux.
i rather not...cant wait to see it all come together. :thumbup:

·
Registered
2,396 Posts
Really nice work!

I would be very happy if I could weld aluminum that cleanly & consistently :)

I do have a question - I like the look & fit of those LPS couplers - how do you allow for the degree of engine movement with those, or are you building a flex coupler into the piping elsewhere? I presume the motor is not solid mount?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Impressive!
cheers!

Really nice work!

I would be very happy if I could weld aluminum that cleanly & consistently :)

I do have a question - I like the look & fit of those LPS couplers - how do you allow for the degree of engine movement with those, or are you building a flex coupler into the piping elsewhere? I presume the motor is not solid mount?
Howdy,

your car was inspirational to me when you were doing the whiteblock stuff a long time ago in Tbricks land.
The way the couplers are designed, they allow radial movement and a small amount of axial, as there are o-rings in the assembly and the black portion serves as a sleeve for the o-rings to rotate and move to a limited degree.

·
Registered
9,226 Posts
if it is , let see some more custom work.

DNAsEqUeNcE Side note: I decided to change up my header design on my p2 v70R wagon. I previously was intending it to be a sidewinder.
<fieldset class="fieldset" style="margin-bottom: 6px; font-size: 11px;"><legend style="color: rgb(34, 34, 156); font-variant-numeric: normal; font-variant-east-asian: normal; font-stretch: normal; line-height: normal; font-family: tahoma, verdana, geneva, lucida, "lucida grande", arial, helvetica, sans-serif;">Attached Images</legend>

</fieldset>

·
Registered
6,562 Posts
Cutting the crash bar that much was a mistake if you ever plan to be in an accident...

1 - 20 of 49 Posts