SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Starting a build thread for my 2004 Passion Red s60R.
Some standard maintenance notes:
I do my oil changes every 5k miles with full synthetic 5w30
I replace my oil filter crush washers every-time, oil filter, and I like to do the fuel filter as well.

Current Modifications[Stage 2]:

Air vent boost gauge pod with Autometer Boost Gauge
Snabb turbo intake pipe
Phuzzy downpipe with cat
MBS catback exhaust
Magnaflow resonator and muffler
FM Intercooler
Silicone intercooler hose
IPD Ignition coils
Synapse DV 1.25''
OEM spark plug replacement
Volvo Air Filter (S60 S60R V70R) - K&N 8671488 ***Use the stock one, don't go K&N.
Snabb Upper charge pipe with Synapse weld on bung
Snabb intake pipe section with bung [replacing the old Snabb one,new parts can't hurt]
Snabb intake to DV hose
Snabb turbo block off plate

Planned [With parts]

Entire Vacuum system/line replacement with 4mm and 5mm silicone
Front and rear Akebono brakes from FCP

FCP Kit Engine mount replacement

Planned [ no parts purchased yet]
VIVA Maf upgrade for the tune http://www.vivaperformance.com/maf-upgrade-kit-volvo-5-cylinder-turbo-engines/
AEM Water/Methanol Injection Kit http://www.vivaperformance.com/water-methanol-injection-kit/

High flow fuel injectors
Wheel bearing replacement [x4 , general maintenance]

KW V2 S60R AWD Coilovers http://www.vivaperformance.com/kw-coilover-kit-s60-v70-fwd-awd-s80-fwd/

Hilton 2.5 Tune (unless I find a better option)

Suspension replacement [4C]

Front and rear seat replacements

=====New Stuff 3-26-17===
This is a pretty good guide if anyone needs a quick start
Got my VIDA/DICE unit set up 2014D. So I will be doing the following:
Sum Calibration/Headlight Calibration http://forums.swedespeed.com/showthread.php?156538-SUM-Calibration-with-VIDA-DiCE

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
1,377 Posts

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Your K&N filter will not fit your upgraded MAF

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
Could you point me in the right direction for filters that fit that?

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Kind of expensive for an air filter that is probably not any better.... because air filters really only have marginal differences anyway.

Dry flow filters are way better for turbo cars than oiled ones

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
*update * returned the K&N . Going with the standard dry flow because I am upgrading the MAF next for a full 2.5 tune

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Working on the Snabb OTE charge pipe with synapse DV .

This has been an ongoing project. keep finding parts that have been modified by the previous owner and need to be replaced to make things work.

Currently after having the R in the garage at my moms for a month while waiting for a part that I didn't realize I needed, and then for Christmas break to happen so i could install it. I am stuck in a similar situation ..where there is now a gap going from the lower charge pipe to the forward end of the car. The silicone I had wasn't long enough or of the correct fit . It looks like half of it is snabb silicone and the other half was another brand..

Anyway a fun image of my current predicament

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Status Update

Good news is everything went well with the DV install. I'm just investigating and replacing all my vacuum lines to ensure that the R is ready for a tune.
Some of the pictures from the work in progress for the DV and some of the vacuum lines being replaced

I need to replace this part and both lines. I have 5mm silcone for this :
Lines both need to be replaced (see thumb) and the white part (evap). I am still trying to figure out what this is and where I can buy it.

I installed the DV, This is a more recent picture. The R is garaged due to a dent on the hood and passenger side fender. A neighbors tree branch broke and hit the car, not even in a storm.

Before (hood slightly ajar as I was just working on the engine), And after (left) the scene of the branch falling, and (right) after it was cleaned up. Damage to the wiper, wiper arm, and the fluid line leading to the wiper, Passenger Fender and hood. Shes garaged until the legal situation is worked out to avoid any new damage.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.