SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
8,754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Buddy here did some back to back runs with stock / versus BSR.

Temps warmed up to 50 degrees today, and it made a difference from other day when it was 30 degrees. Also, launches weren't as strong (mentioned he had some bog), but still not bad IMO.

Anyways, white/red are stock tune, Green/blue are BSR a few minutes later after PPC magic.

Here is G-Techs interpretation of wheel hp... interesting for comparison purposes.

Averaging the two runs, (remember, he has very similar mods as me).

0-60
Stock tune: 5.48
BSR tune: 5.03

1/4 mile
Stock tune: 14.12 @ 100.07
BSR tune: 13.65 @ 103.52

·
Registered
8,754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: (Tx Turbo Ho)

Quote, originally posted by Tx Turbo Ho »
Do you have the BSR on your car. I notice you don't list it. If so, how does it work with the downpipe?

Buddy has it on his (with a DP), he hasn't had any problems.
But he puts Aral 100 in (although I don't know it is really 100RON or just 98RON with a fancy name). Also, it is still colder here.

·
Registered
813 Posts
Re: ("R" Kelly)

A word of warning for BSR owners, I did a brake job today, new rotors and went out to bed them. Bedding went fine and I decided to change back to stock program so I connected the PPC and changed back to stock program. You know how you get that "brake failure" warning after loading or unloading the BSR program. Well I also noticed an ABS failure warning light.
Anyway I did a couple of heavy brake tests and guess what, no ABS. One or two of the wheels locked up way before I came to a stop and I skidded for about 20'. This happened twice. I stopped the car, shut it down and restarted and the warning lights were gone. Tried again and ABS is working now.

This is just a warning when loading or unloading the BSR program. Don't ignore the warning lights...and they will go away once you shut down and restart.

·
Registered
4,017 Posts
you can check the web of bsr, they comment about ABS warning, is just a light with no results, it should go after a few starts.

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
Re: BSR vs Stock ECU tune, results on G-Tech ("R" Kelly)

Nice work. I do want to mention that the horsepower graph is not GTech's interpretation of wheel HP but of 'Net' HP. Net HP accounts for the car aerodynamic drag for example. A technicality of course and the useful thing is the before and after comparison that you did much more so than differences between wheel and net power.

·
Registered
8,754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: BSR vs Stock ECU tune, results on G-Tech (rollie)

Quote, originally posted by rollie »
Nice work. I do want to mention that the horsepower graph is not GTech's interpretation of wheel HP but of 'Net' HP. Net HP accounts for the car aerodynamic drag for example.

Well thank you, I did not realize that.

That also supports my theory of why Dougs car (Evolve Power Package) had more 'net' horsepower in 4th gear than my friend who had more in 1-3 gear with BSR.

Doug has sport package and is lowered over an inch with Eibach springs. By the time 4th rolls around you are doing 80 mph and aerodynamics really come into play.

·
Registered
4,017 Posts
hey kelly do you have some ecu upgrade?? i saw that you have DP.

·
Registered
8,754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Re: (volvos60t5x)

Quote, originally posted by volvos60t5x »
hey kelly do you have some ecu upgrade?? i saw that you have DP.

I would never endanger my powertrain warranty with an ECU mod.

·
Registered
4,017 Posts
o i see.

·
Registered
2,544 Posts

Quote, originally posted by "R" Kelly »
Buddy here did some back to back runs with stock / versus BSR.
0-60
BSR tune: 5.03

1/4 mile
BSR tune: 13.65 @ 103.52

For clarity purposed, when you say "stock / versus BSR", you are refering to ECU only being stock, since we know your friend has similar mods as you do (ie. 3" DP, CAI and cat-back).

Regardless, I don't think anyone can dispute that an ECU mod is THE best bang for the buck. Shaving half a second off for $1000 and virtually ZERO labour is one GOOD deal! ...and you can reverse it just as quickly, still a shame it's traceable
if not traceable I'd be all over that mod!

LTA

·
Registered
8,754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Re: BSR vs Stock ECU tune, results on G-Tech (LTA)

Quote, originally posted by LTA »
For clarity purposed, when you say "stock / versus BSR", you are refering to ECU only being stock, since we know your friend has similar mods as you do (ie. 3" DP, CAI and cat-back).

For clarity purposes, please read the thread title, you misquoted it.

Title is "BSR vs. Stock ECU tune"

Quote, originally posted by LTA »
Shaving half a second off for $1000 and virtually ZERO labour is one GOOD deal! ...and you can reverse it just as quickly, still a shame it's traceable

Umm, BSR PPC is only $827 delivered to US address from http://www.partsforvolvosonline.com .

And it erases all error codes. What shows up is anomalies. Whose to say what "anomalies" are.

I just love it when you try to correct me on the board, so far 0-2

·
Registered
4,017 Posts
i think bsr is one of the best tuners out there, i can say my stage III is amazing. I hope they offer the stage III on R( ssss top secret but they will) hehehe.

·
Registered
2,544 Posts

For clarity purposes, please read the thread title, you misquoted it.

Title is "BSR vs. Stock ECU tune"

Sheesh, yeah sure I missed that one! I got so tied up in all the cool graphs and exciting sub-14sec 1/4 mile stuff that I missed the forrest for the trees! But it sure is clear now, thanks

Umm, BSR PPC is only $827 delivered to US address from http://www.partsforvolvosonline.com .
Ah yes, a US address but I live in the great white north: CANADA!
So here's why it's $1000:
$827USD X 1.15 (exhange to CDN dollars) = $951.01CDN
$951.01CDN X .06 (CDN duty tax) = $57.06CDN
$951.01CDN X .15 (CDN GST and PST) = $142.66CDN
For a grand total to a Canadian address of $1150.77CDN
Plase note:
- this doesn't take account for shipping and customs brokerage charges
- I don't know for a fact that the 6% duty tax applies.
- Even if I asked my dad to bring it back fom me from his trip Germany this summer (yes, a soccer fan) it's still $951CDN which I call a thousand bucks!
In summary BSR/PPC costs me a thousand bucks.

And it erases all error codes. What shows up is anomalies. Whose to say what "anomalies" are.

Whatever it shows, Volvo can see that something was messed with and that's why you and I would never flash the ECU.

I just love it when you try to correct me on the board, so far 0-2

In this case the ball was on the goal line but never went in the net because we have different ways to measure it.
As for the other goal (was it "backfire"?), I might let you have that one but c'mon man even that's a stretch.

Bottom line and my main point is that the BSR/PPC ECU tune is the best bang fo the buck, unless you want to make me feel good and tell me my EST cat-back, BMC filter and Ferrita DP is more cost-effective? (but that's a rhetorical isnt' it)

Cheers mate

LTA

Modified by LTA at 4:22 PM 3-20-2006

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
Re: BSR vs Stock ECU tune, results on G-Tech (MASH)

Quote, originally posted by MASH »
Here we go again.........Some people never learn......move on kelly, there is a hard head in here.

MASH, really? Are you serious? We're going down this path here too, I biting my tounge man
How did you find out one of my parents is from Calabria (Italy)?? Calabrese people are known for their hard heads.
Hard head or not, I have a good sense of humor and take no offence to you calling me a hard head.

But MASH with all due respect I think YOU should move on since Kelly seems to do just fine 'fighting' his own battles.

ps. the score is still nil-nil.

LTA

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
Re: BSR vs Stock ECU tune, results on G-Tech (LTA)

Obviously you are looking to stir things up in here. I bet you realy own a BMW. Your approach is almost standard in those forums. Maybe you should move on.

·
Registered
1,513 Posts

0-60

1/4 mile

Wish I was able to achieve this in Miami weather...

Oh, and with my driving skills.

·
Registered
8,754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Re: BSR vs Stock ECU tune, results on G-Tech (Razor1973)

Quote, originally posted by Razor1973 »

Wish I was able to achieve this in Miami weather...

Oh, and with my driving skills.

While it was a stock tune, car did have CAI, BMC, 3" DP, Jetex/Burns Exhaust running 98RON in 50 degree weather.

And I'm moving to Florida in a couple of months, seriously considering a FMIC before I go...

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.