SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was just reading the posts from a previous topic about this bsr ppc and have a few questions. First: Is it just a chip? Y doesnt everyone get this chip if it offers Approx 20 more hp than other chips and is less expensive? I feel like i am getting ripped off ordering the evolve chip which gives no where near this power. please advise

·
Registered
2,545 Posts
Re: bsr ppc? (dhellz)

BSR/PPC connect to your car via its diagnostic port (OBD2 port), it can then download the stock ECU map and store it before uploading (re-writing aka flash) the stock ECU map with the modified BSR ECU map. This can be done in only a couple minutes any time you want (with the car stopped, of course). So the beauty is you can put back the stock program before going into Volvo for service. Don't be fooled into thinking Volvo can't see that you've messed with your ECU. Most beleive that they can see that the ECU was flashed at some time somehow (BSR asknowledged this as well).<p>Most beleive that any ECU tuning will net no more than 35whp, Zigger dyno'ed his MY06 <I>R</I> before and after BSR/PPC and proved this (as have many others).<p>In this case it is a "chip only", BSR does not offer an ECU map for other than stock DP etc. Others DO offer special mapping for bigger DP, etc. Do some searches in this forum, you will find the answers.<p>LTA<p><br>

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Even the swedespeed search will show you 71 threads about the BSR. They also have a website in English at <A HREF="http://www.bsruk.co.uk/ppc.htm" TARGET="_blank">http://www.bsruk.co.uk/ppc.htm</A>. Lots of info on it and how R owners like it.

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
Re: bsr ppc? (dhellz)

If you don't think you will doing any other engine/exhaust type mods then go with the BSR. If you are planning on adding other Evolve components then...No down time with BSR...I am happy with mine, so it doesn't do more than a 11% increase in hp, it's still noticeable enough that once you have it you won't want to go back.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts