SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all....I have read that even with really good 93oct, if you have the PPC WITH a DP on the R you get detonation......I have 2 different local gas stations here that 1 sells 100oct at the pump and the other has CAM2 at the pump.....if you were to run that gas, would you still get Det.???

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: BSR PPC w/DownPipe....... (JimLill)

What if you were to use it as a reg. fuel for everyday driving?? (ouch $$) What about with a driver that can't keep their foot outta the throttle??
I'm just trying to see if it is possible to run the PPC WITH a DP, seems to me the PPC is the best bet for ECU upgrade, as there is no down-time from sending yours out to be programmed, unless there is a core exchange program I did not see??

·
Registered
413 Posts
Re: BSR PPC w/DownPipe....... (s60rdood)

I'm sure I'm opening up myself to flame here but ........

Ask yourself a question ...

Why the BSR PPC? Is it because you don't want your dealer to know? If so, then seeing the downpipe will be just as bad.

Why not got with one of the ECU flashes that is downpipe friendly?

I can't imagine what impact a downpipe could add to my car after my ECU upgrade. I'm sure it will improve, but I can't imagine the $1,200+ would match the bang for the buck I got from the ECU flash.

Just my $0.02. Opinions are like .......

-Ben

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: BSR PPC w/DownPipe....... (bcantana)

It seems to me the PPC is the best bet for ECU upgrade, as there is no down-time from sending yours out to be programmed, unless there is a core exchange program I did not see??

·
Premium Member
3,121 Posts
Re: BSR PPC w/DownPipe....... (s60rdood)

Quote, originally posted by s60rdood »
It seems to me the PPC is the best bet for ECU upgrade, as there is no down-time from sending yours out to be programmed, unless there is a core exchange program I did not see??

There can't be a core exchange program because each ECU is VIN specific.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts