Registered
18,762 Posts
Re: BSR PPC V2 released (MASH)

Quote, originally posted by MASH »
Whats new???? I do not speak that tongue

New blue backlight?

PPC version 2
2006-03-08

The engine control unit in modern cars gets more and more sophisticated. That is why BSR has developed a fully new version of the PPC. The capacity of the new PPC is increased and it is prepared to handle and tune all future car models.

Of course you can still find all the advantages from the PPC version 1. You can simply tune your car in minutes via the car's diagnostic outlet, without mechanical damage on the engine control unit. Just as quick and easy you can return to original software if you want. Software updates via the Internet is free of charge.

BSRs new PPC version 2 is improved in many ways:

- Faster loading of tuning and original software
- Faster updating via the Internet
- Increased memory capacity
- Two lines illuminated display
- Easier menu system
- Prepared for future car models

To start with we will offer PPC v2 for the VAG 2.0T FSI engine. (Audi 2.0T, Passat 2.0T FSI, Golf GTI, Skoda Octavia RS etc.)
Price VAG 2.0T FSI: SEK 8 900 (approx 972 Euro)

·
Registered
2,545 Posts
Re: BSR PPC V2 released ("R" Kelly)

It would be really nice if BSR let customers mary the PPC to more than one of their Volvos. I wonder if they will make that available in the new PPC v2 (BSR I know you listen to customers, are you there?)

I would more likely purchase PPC v2 if it had the ability to tune both of my Volvos. They could offer the 2nd car tuning at a reasonable discount, something like PPC v2 for one car $1000 and add a 2nd car for $600 more (or something like that).

I can't ECU tune my S60R and not tune my wife's XC90 2.5T, if I did she'd never stop bugging me about upgrading to the XC90 V8.

oh... and do a stage 3 for the R already! So my friends
with 3" DP can stop worrying about detonation.

LTA

·
Premium Member
6,526 Posts
Re: BSR PPC V2 released (LTA)

Quote, originally posted by LTA »
It would be really nice if BSR let customers mary the PPC to more than one of their Volvos.

The only way I could see them doing that is if you had to prepurchase a number of upgrades equal to the number of cars you intend on upgrading (in your case, 2) and marrying it only to those cars.

In other words, if you ran a garage/tunershop with 100 Volvo customers who were interested in this type of service, you could prepay BSR for 100 upgrades but would only be able to upgrade those 100 cars. When the 101st Volvo came in, you'd have to buy an additional upgrade from BSR...but you'd still be able to do the upgrading from the same single PPC.

I'd actually just appreciate it if BSR (or whomever) would allow me to take the PPC with me to a new car. In other words, detune the old car and marry the PPC to a new car. Some of the issues are the same with the scenario above (i.e., how do you know if they really removed the upgrade from the old car before changing applying it to the new one, etc.). Maybe it could be a one time change or something.

I had 2 ECUs for my TT. One was the stock one that came with the car. The 2nd was the chipped one that I'd given to APR. APR first had to marry the ECU to my car, then chip it. The ECU, however, could later be remarried to a different TT that used the same ECU# (I think they changed annually or roughly along that time frame). So, although the ECU could only be married to one car at a time (no polygamy in the engine bay, please), I was able to sell it to another TT owner who wanted it.

-Eric

·
Registered
326 Posts
Re: (zigger)

Future models... I would be remiss if i did not clarify... Non VIN specific? How does this work... It only does on car at a time, right? If I owned an 06 and an 05, I could not use it on both could I... or am I about to offer the first person who gets one 200 bucks to let me use it to upgrade mine? (Doubt that is possible -- I figure you get one car at a time on the PPC, and if you get a new vehicle, you hook it up and it erases the old one and grabs the data for the new one. yes no?)

·
Premium Member
6,526 Posts
Re: (JOSBRO)

One car, as many times as you want with that car. If only all marriages were that simple.

So, no, you cannot use it on a 2nd car after the upgrade has been married to the 1st, even if you've detuned the 1st. It stores something in its memory that links it forever to the 1st car.

-Eric

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
Re: BSR PPC V2 released (Sue Esponte)

Quote, originally posted by Sue Esponte »

I had 2 ECUs for my TT. One was the stock one that came with the car. The 2nd was the chipped one that I'd given to APR. APR first had to marry the ECU to my car, then chip it. The ECU, however, could later be remarried to a different TT that used the same ECU# (I think they changed annually or roughly along that time frame). So, although the ECU could only be married to one car at a time (no polygamy in the engine bay, please), I was able to sell it to another TT owner who wanted it.

-Eric

I had the same situation with my '00 Passat. When I sold the car I gave the buyer the option to keep the APR chipped ECU or I could have sold it separately to another B5'er. If you were to sell you tuned 'R' you would probably sell it with out the tune but then you'd have a worthless box, so could you then ask the buyer to pay for the tuning program? Maybe, at a discount even though there should be no depreciation.
I have a SAAB as well and I wish I could just download a program to my current BSR PPC for a reduced cost. Whatever, they're not going to lose sleep over it, they've got you because they're the only ones who offer this product.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts